Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Italics in quotes

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts

Italics in quotes

All quoted text is italicized. Is that necessary? Seems redundant, given how quotes are already set apart. It's difficult to add emphasis to a quote with resorting to bold or caps, which I'm sure annoys everyone.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,585 Times in 823 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've noticed it and yes, it's annoying. I haven't looked into the code that generates it. I'm going to be doing quite a bit of work to the site in the coming weeks and if I remember to look at it, I'll hunt down the offending code and change it.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I've noticed it and yes, it's annoying. I haven't looked into the code that generates it. I'm going to be doing quite a bit of work to the site in the coming weeks and if I remember to look at it, I'll hunt down the offending code and change it.
    Will there be any coding changes to address the shortcomings of Colombian hard drives?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 103 Times in 75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Can the problem with the comments from the threads in the main body of the site be corrected. It is frustrating to be only able to see some the posted comments. In some sites I've participated there is a feature that places you to the next unread comment automatically--can that feature be added?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,585 Times in 823 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    Can the problem with the comments from the threads in the main body of the site be corrected. It is frustrating to be only able to see some the posted comments. In some sites I've participated there is a feature that places you to the next unread comment automatically--can that feature be added?
    The main reason for the work I'm planning to do is to fix that blasted commenting problem on the front page. It's been maddeningly difficult to pin down.

There is already a way to view "first unread post" in the forum. It's the dark grey box with two white triangles inside... It appears after the time stamp to the right of the thread title, in the "Last Post By" area.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts
    Thank you for your attention in this matter.