Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Saunders

Liked 329 Times in 174 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    The other thing is, the Ms moved in their fences all around Safeco's left side, including a big slice of left center.

Google Image Result for http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/2BokA5J._T.YbifBUWrH7A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/Safeco2.jpg
    Good find. Should make for an interesting season for a leftie who allowed an opposing right-handed hitter slash of .307/.349/.500 in 2012. That big 2014 payday from a season of Safeco mirage stats looks even less likely now.

Liked 1,067 Times in 477 Posts
    Just further proof of what has been pretty obvious for some time now: priority one this offseason was to chop payroll. Everything else comes below that on the priority list, including winning baseball games.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,259 Times in 751 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Twins just can't give away their money, it seems. I think I heard that somewhere before, too.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 607 Times in 232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    The Twins just can't give away their money, it seems. I think I heard that somewhere before, too.
    It isn't as green as other teams' money, probably a byproduct of those dreadfully cold summers around here.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ballÖ and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    It isn't as green as other teams' money, probably a byproduct of those dreadfully cold summers around here.
    In retrospect, it was probably a mistake to stock up on all those Confederate dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    To me, this is the icing on the cake. And not a good cake. A crap cake. With putrid frosting.
    Thanks for sharing that.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Nothing like a pitcher trying to increase his value so we can try and sign him next year once he is worth more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Twin View Post
    Thanks for sharing that.
    The man really missed his calling as a poet. Take away the capital letters and punctuation, and it would be publishable.

to me
    this
    is the icing
    on the cake
    and not
    a good cake
    a crap cake with
    putrid
    frosting
    go twins

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Read it like Shatner....sounds awesome.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Fourth option is that they really were going to sign players, but changed their mind .....but that is only a different option if it was not dependent on money.....

Senior Member All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 109 Times in 66 Posts
    Seven million dollar base with incentives according Heyman.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    John Bonnes Gleeman interview

TWINSCENTRIC:
    Are you likely to chase some players who are pretty darn good?
    TERRY RYAN: "We better"

TERRY RYAN: "You aren’t going to get a pitcher unless you give a multi-year deal".

Season Ticker holder Conference.
    Ryan states regarding the acquisition of new pitching "nobody is going to try harder then the Twins". 9/27/13

Are these true statements???
    Last edited by Highabove; 02-08-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts
    OMG, how slow is an offseason when we cry and wine about NOT signing something called Joe Saunders. Get a life people. You would have been mad if we did sign him becaus we spent too much. Pessimists are the worst humans on earth and it sucks that I as a Twins fan, am grouped with you.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that Joe Saunders' deal with the Mariners is for $7 million.

Heyman adds that the left-hander can earn more through incentives. The deal has yet to officially be announced, but that should come soon. Saunders, 31, had a 4.07 ERA in 28 starts last season between the Orioles and Diamondbacks.
    Related: Mariners

Source: Jon Heyman on Twitte

Quote Originally Posted by Highabove View Post
    John Bonnes Gleeman interview

TWINSCENTRIC:
    Are you likely to chase some players who are pretty darn good?
    TERRY RYAN: "We better"

TERRY RYAN: "You aren’t going to get a pitcher unless you give a multi-year deal".

Season Ticker holder Conference.
    Ryan states regarding the acquisition of new pitching "nobody is going to try harder then the Twins". 9/27/13

Are these true statements???
    You're right. Terry Ryan lied to you.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    OMG, how slow is an offseason when we cry and wine about NOT signing something called Joe Saunders. Get a life people. You would have been mad if we did sign him becaus we spent too much. Pessimists are the worst humans on earth and it sucks that I as a Twins fan, am grouped with you.
    You could find a Cub's forum if you so chose. Their blind optimism and the fact that they rarely hold the team accountable for losing seasons and terrible decisions enables that team to be terrible year after year by recycling the same mistakes.

I for one would not have been happy with the Twins had they signed Saunders, simply because he is not the kind of pitcher the front office said they would target this offseason. I'd be pretty annoyed if they patted themselves on the back and tried to sell to the public that he was the ace they so desperately needed.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganJones View Post
    You're right. Terry Ryan lied to you.
    Are you saying he didn't lie to the season ticket holders? Did they actually try harder to acquire pitching than the other 29 teams?

Liked 1,067 Times in 477 Posts
    If it helps, feel free to consider yourself not grouped with me.

Generally speaking, if you feel the need to say something like 'get a life, people', don't.

Also, there is literally nothing worse than hyperbole.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Read it like Shatner....sounds awesome.
    I was thinking Garrison Keillor. But yes.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast