Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Saunders

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    it sucks that I as a Twins fan, am grouped with you.
    I'm sure I'm stepping out on a limb here, but there's probably more than a few reciprocating this feeling.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
    OMG, how slow is an offseason when we cry and wine about NOT signing something called Joe Saunders. Get a life people. You would have been mad if we did sign him becaus we spent too much. Pessimists are the worst humans on earth and it sucks that I as a Twins fan, am grouped with you.
    I'm mostly with you. The Twins missed out on a lefthanded Kevin Correia and people are upset. I personally would have been upset if they went two years and that is what it would have taken.

If they signed Saunders in December people would have bitched. If they signed someone else people would have bitched. If they sign no one people bitch. It's the nature of a message board.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 336 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganJones View Post
    Generally speaking, if you feel the need to say something like 'get a life, people', don't.

Also, there is literally nothing worse than hyperbole.
    Ha, I don't agree with you on the offseason dirction, but I do here. I guess we can agree that the pessimists on this board are in fact not worse than child murderers and terrorists.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 378 Times in 211 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    I personally would have been upset if they went two years and that is what it would have taken.
    Saunders turned down the Twins 1/10m offer then?

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries
    $7m isn't a bad price for a guy like Saunders but can't say I'm heartbroken they didn't get him. Though would have like him better than Pelfrey or Correia.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    Saunders turned down the Twins 1/10m offer then?
    I personally prefer tbat they didn't get him. Assuming health through spring training tbe presence of Saunders would have almost certainly kept Gibson in the minors to start the season.

Nothing bad about extra depth and buying some development time but no reason the overpay for mediocrity.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
    $7m isn't a bad price for a guy like Saunders but can't say I'm heartbroken they didn't get him. Though would have like him better than Pelfrey or Correia.
    I prefer Pelfrey and Correia is more or less the same guy (outside of handedness).

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I personally prefer tbat they didn't get him. Assuming health through spring training tbe presence of Saunders would have almost certainly kept Gibson in the minors to start the season.

Nothing bad about extra depth and buying some development time but no reason the overpay for mediocrity.
    What would you say if I told you that over the last two seasons, Saunders and Anibel Sanchez had almost exactly the same ERA+ (107, 103 for Saunders...106, 105 for Sanchez) while pitching almost exactly the same amount of innings (392 for Sanchez...386 2/3 for Saunders)?

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 378 Times in 211 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1. He is coming of TJ
    2. Service time

Senior Member All-Star
    One final thought. I really find the butthurt over Terry Ryan "lying" pretty funny. I can only imagine how you respond to the rest of day to day society.

There is an easy way to respond if you are that upset -don't spend any money on the team! That will actually get their attention.

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I prefer Pelfrey and Correia is more or less the same guy (outside of handedness).
    I think Saunders is better than either of the two and not coming off of a TJ.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    What would you say if I told you that over the last two seasons, Saunders and Anibel Sanchez had almost exactly the same ERA+ (107, 103 for Saunders...106, 105 for Sanchez) while pitching almost exactly the same amount of innings (392 for Sanchez...386 2/3 for Saunders)?
    I would say Sanchez is overrated and vastly overpaid and I'm glad the Twins aren't on the hook for that contract.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    1. He is coming of TJ
    2. Service time
    1. Talent
    2. Gibson is already 25

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    OMG, how slow is an offseason when we cry and wine about NOT signing something called Joe Saunders. Get a life people. You would have been mad if we did sign him becaus we spent too much. Pessimists are the worst humans on earth and it sucks that I as a Twins fan, am grouped with you.
    The Twins have a nice positive Season Ticket Forum on their own site.
    If you have invested a few dollars in their product, you should be very happy there.

I was referring to the offseason in general.
    Last edited by Highabove; 02-08-2013 at 05:14 PM.

I would say Sanchez is overrated and vastly overpaid and I'm glad the Twins aren't on the hook for that contract.
    Agreed. Anibal Sanchez is a quality hurler, but his little tease in the post season has people in Detroit dreaming of '4 Aces'. He's getting paid like one, i guess that's a start.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,173 Times in 624 Posts

And it sucks that we're grouped with semi-illiterate neanderthals, call it a wash.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'd never be grouped with someone who would write a post such as yours, so, yeah, I'm happily not grouped with you. One less person you need to be ashamed to be associated with.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    And it sucks that we're grouped with semi-illiterate neanderthals, call it a wash.
    funniest part is, he writes such a negative, hateful post about people because they are writing negative posts...and he hates that.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    One final thought. I really find the butthurt over Terry Ryan "lying" pretty funny. I can only imagine how you respond to the rest of day to day society.

There is an easy way to respond if you are that upset -don't spend any money on the team! That will actually get their attention.
    I cannot find the word (lying) anywhere in my post.

I simply asked a question.

I guess, throwing out some personal insults is easier then answering the question.
    Last edited by Highabove; 02-08-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Liked 1,579 Times in 787 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If they signed Saunders in December people would have bitched. If they signed someone else people would have bitched. If they sign no one people bitch. It's the nature of a message board.
    And then you will complain about all of it, whether it happened or not. And that is the nature of you.

Ok, just kidding, but is it really so terrible to put Gibson in Rochester to start the year? He's coming off an arm rebuild, has all of 100 innings in AAA, and with the exception of a nice K rate, kind of got his butt kicked there. I think he'll be good, but probably not in April or May. I'll take an extra year of team-controlled prime, even though he's already reached the ripe old age of 25.

And as not interested as I was in Saunders, Joe > Kevin in their careers so far.

If you agree with Ryan's decision to blow smoke up the ticket base's tail pipe, that's fine, it makes sense from a 'what's he gonna say, "we'll get some scrubs and suck again"?' standpoint. But why can't you make that point without making out the people who don't care for the liquid fertilizer sales pitch out to be anti-social powder kegs of rage?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast