Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reid Brignac

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 324 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    Why do I feel like Seth would have more patience with Brignac if he was a Twins prospect? Guy's still only 27.

By my recollection (and his own admission, I think), both were problems.
    Bam...and...Bam...again.

Too many people are too sentimentally enamored with the abounding mediocrity in the Twins system- time for the so-inclined fanbase, as well as the FO braintrust, to read a couple of Schumpeter books about corporate "creative destruction". Been calling for this move for quite some time, but wait, I know we all need to panic about yet another 40 man roster disruption.

Too many people forget too easily that, notwithstanding Gardy's man-crush on Dozier, it was widely predicted that the failure in the Dozier jump to the majors was so easily predictable... and that it represented FAIL on both offense and defense. Hopefully they didn't pull the plug too late with him last year. His 48 game performance in Rochester after his demotion was far less than inspiring about his comeback possibilities.
    Last edited by jokin; 02-11-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    I still don't understand anyone's infatuation with Florimon. Dozier was no worse than Florimon if you look a the stats. Florimon had about half the number of errors that Dozier had in a little less than half the chances. He did make some great plays, but his errors tended to come on more routine plays. Dozier might not have the range that Florimon has, but I think he could be at least an average shortstop if given another chance, and his bat wil certainly be better than Florimon.

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 338 Times in 192 Posts
    Did people really forget what a mess Dozier was in the field last year? I'm not saying he can't be better, but there is a reason he was sent down. Frankly, he wasn't doing much of anything right.

Senior Member All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 63 Posts
    Rockies got him for PTBNL/cash

Senior Member Big-Leaguer 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 47 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    Rockies got him for PTBNL/cash
    That's over. Reid Brignac traded from Rays to Rockies - MLB - SI.com

I actually would have liked the Twins to pick him up, but as some have said, I agree that we should not have had to give up much of anything to get him.

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Liked 65 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 70charger View Post
    That's over. Reid Brignac traded from Rays to Rockies - MLB - SI.com

I actually would have liked the Twins to pick him up, but as some have said, I agree that we should not have had to give up much of anything to get him.
    Wouldn't have taken much to get him. But I doubt the Twins were all that interested. Right or wrong, they feel comfortable with the group they've got in the middle infield (Carroll, Dozier, Florimon, Escobar). They've made that clear.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 324 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wouldn't have taken much to get him. But I doubt the Twins were all that interested. Right or wrong, they feel comfortable with the group they've got in the middle infield (Carroll, Dozier, Florimon, Escobar). They've made that clear.
    I just wish they would make it more "clear" why they're feeling so "comfortable". Given that UI Carroll retires or is gone by the end of 2014, the rest all project as UI candidates at best ( with a faint hope for better from Dozier).

It still remains fuzzy to me, but probably only one, if that, makes it over that bridge to the future.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Right or wrong, they feel comfortable with the group they've got in the middle infield (Carroll, Dozier, Florimon, Escobar). They've made that clear.
    I think the general sentiment here is that feeling is 'wrong'. Brignac wouldn't have been much of an upgrade, but when you only get dealt Deuce-7... you at least want a few hands to see if you can catch some cards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12