Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twins thought process leading to pitching rotation

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    After Ryan made his speech during the Season Ticket holder conference, about how he promised to do everything possible to seriously improve the pitching staff and that money was no object, how much of a dropoff in season ticket holders will we see NEXT year after seeing what he actually did?

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 303 Times in 180 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    Last fall I read somewhere that Twins season ticket renewals were at 81% already.
    I could have sworn that ended up in Gleeman and John's recent interview with Mr. St. Peter.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 170 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They did. I'm almost positive its an old figure though. Probably closer to 90% by now.

edit: actually, I think they were talking about twinsfest attendance in the podcast. I will have to track down the source for that figure if I can. Maybe I am imagining it.

They did. I'm almost positive its an old figure though. Probably closer to 90% by now.

edit: actually, I think they were talking about twinsfest attendance in the podcast. I will have to track down the source for that figure if I can. Maybe I am imagining it.
    Don't forget that ST renewals are likely inflated by 2014 All Star Game implications.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 170 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. Talk about what separates the casual fan from the hardcore. Count me out for that.

I think the honeymoon will be all but over after that though. They will finally have to start fielding a competitive product in order to sell tickets.

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 340 Times in 193 Posts
    I can tell you as a former season ticket holder that seat demand for games I had to sell got really, really ugly about halfway 2011. As someone earlier said, you sometimes have to wait more than a season to see the full effect - after people have started to drop their season ticket packages and you are relying on day-of-game sales.

I expect 2013 will be a very cheap time to catch a game at Target Field unless the team does something wholly unexpected. And when you have penny-pinchers for owners, it's a tad disturbing to think about future payroll decisions when you pull significant revenues from their ticket sales.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Say the Red Sox are interested again, and just as a pot sweetener, or to help them avoid payroll tax issues maybe, the Twins throw in 23m cash to buyout a year of Mauer's contract in a trade for some of the pitching prospects they took from the Dodgers. Instead of trading a 6/138 player they're trading a more "team friendly" 6/115 player while lifting their own 2013 payroll back to the 100m range.
    I dont believe who pays the salary , it counts against the team he plays for , as far as the lux. or payroll tax is concered

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123