Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breakthrough Season WAGs

Quote Originally Posted by scottz View Post
    I can't envision what exactly would happen if this were to occur, but I'd love to see Joe Benson go hog wild at whatever level he is at, starting from day 1 of spring training.
    Someone has faster fingers.... Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sam Deduno reveals his 90 mph total chaos knuckle ball, wins the Cy Young with 24-0 record, 0.25 ERA.

And of course, 175 walks.

Liked 675 Times in 356 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo92107 View Post
    Sam Deduno reveals his 90 mph total chaos knuckle ball, wins the Cy Young with 24-0 record, 0.25 ERA.

And of course, 175 walks.
    That would make for a good season for me, no matter what else happened!

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I vote Hendriks. I think Dozier and Parmy will be better, but Hendriks makes the biggest turnaround. Remember, he is 2 years younger than Gibson still.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    If Dinkelman can make the team Randi would be my choice.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like alot of these picks, and most are more likely than mine, but if I were to pick one guy who comes out of nowhere to make a big splash, I'll go with Oswaldo Arcia.

And if there is a second shooter on the grassy knoll, I'll say Delbinson Romero.

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'll go with Aaron Hicks. His season will be so good he'll win ROTY.
    I bent my wookie...

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,473 Times in 772 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    I'm pretty optimistic about the offense this year. I think Plouffe and Parmelee keep trending up, Morneau has a monster year and Hicks makes a legit impact. Would love to see Dozier take major strides but have a harder time seeing that.
    I fall in this camp as well. I don't know if Plouffe will trend up but I think he can hold his 2012 OPS steady, get 600 PAs, and improve defensively. I'll take .760-780 OPS from the third baseman all day. Parmelee is a bit more of a question mark but at the minimum, I think he can be serviceable.

Dozier, I have no idea. Overall, I think the offense will be acceptable with a small chance to be pretty good (maybe #5-7 in the AL if most things fall the Twins' way).

I am on the Benson bandwagon. I am hopefully he puts it together and has a good solid year. Would love to see an outfield, at the end of the season, of Benson if LF, Hicks in CF and Arcia in RF. Willingham and Morneau traded for solid prospects and Parmalee at 1B.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 071063 View Post
    I am on the Benson bandwagon. I am hopefully he puts it together and has a good solid year. Would love to see an outfield, at the end of the season, of Benson if LF, Hicks in CF and Arcia in RF. Willingham and Morneau traded for solid prospects and Parmalee at 1B.
    I'm sure the Twins wouldn't mind that either. They could then sign a guy like Jason Hammel, Josh Johnson, Tim Lincecum, Adam Wainwright (assuming they are FA next offseason) to anchor the rotation. I don't see many guys I like to help the MI. I wouldn't mind Kelly Johnson but the Twins have shown no interest in him (or any other MI option that can OPS over .650). Hopefully Santana will be knocking on the door for SS by this time next season.

I figure Tigers and White Sox don't have a chance if half of these predictions come through. Weird as it sounds, it is easy to envision all of these players - Hicks, Arcia, Benson, Parmalee, Plouffe, Dozier - having strong seasons. But my whopper pick for 2013 is Morneau. He's going to prove to everyone that he's still got it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SurroundedByTigers View Post
    I figure Tigers and White Sox don't have a chance if half of these predictions come through. Weird as it sounds, it is easy to envision all of these players - Hicks, Arcia, Benson, Parmalee, Plouffe, Dozier - having strong seasons. But my whopper pick for 2013 is Morneau. He's going to prove to everyone that he's still got it.
    Problem is the Tigers still have Cabrera, Fielder, Jackson and added Hunter. They also have the best pitcher in the game right now to go along with one of the best rotations/pitching staffs in the AL. No, the Twins wont be competing with the Tigers this year no matter how good those guys do unless DET has some major injuries.

*I forgot the return of V-Mart too... knew I was forgetting something
    **I think its possible for them to hit 100 wins this season (see MLB forum)
    Last edited by Badsmerf; 02-14-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I predict the following players make thier ML debut this year with the Twins...

Aaron Hicks, Kyle Gibson, Oswaldo Arcia, Josmil Pinto, Bruce Pugh and Michael Tonkin,

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,093 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    Remember, he is 2 years younger than Gibson still.
    It's possible he always will be.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    It's possible he always will be.
    Prove it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 071063 View Post
    Would love to see an outfield, at the end of the season, of Benson if LF, Hicks in CF and Arcia in RF. Willingham and Morneau traded for solid prospects and Parmalee at 1B.
    Came here to edit my previous reply in this thread to say that I had forgotten all about Joe B, and a .750 OPS from him looks achievable, and would be awesome if they decide not to start the clock on Hicks as it has the ripple effect of letting Mastroianni shine as a 4th OF instead of being mediocre at best as a starting CF. Found that everyone else was already on board regarding Benson. Good.

Blog Entries
    Prove it.
    Although the jury is still out, my (real-life) brother remains two years behind me still, despite his heart attack years ago. But you're right, short of resorting to way-out ideas like Peano's Axioms I don't think an air-tight proof is possible. I withdraw the claim, my brother.

Liked 2,935 Times in 1,253 Posts
    I've been on the Joe Benson bandwagon for years. No reason to jump off now. Benson is the Twins breakthrough player of 2013.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Although the jury is still out, my (real-life) brother remains two years behind me still, despite his heart attack years ago. But you're right, short of resorting to way-out ideas like Peano's Axioms I don't think an air-tight proof is possible. I withdraw the claim, my brother.
    To give you credit, you did say possible, which I agree with. Depending on how much you've dabbled in time and relativity, one's age is tied to their experience. Without proposing travel at/near the speed of light, we could propose Gibson travels very fast for a significant portion of his last causing his space/time to slow down far enough that Hendriks becomes older than him in our perception of space/time. Another possibility is that Gibson undergoes cryonic preservation at some point (maybe between seasons) and his body stops aging long enough that Hendriks passes him. The question still would remain though, does age represent the duration that one's body is alive in reference to what we call time or does it relate strictly to when a person was born in our perception of space/time? Interesting thing time is...

Blog Entries
    we could propose Gibson travels very fast for a significant portion
    If done on gameday this could add a few MPH to his fastball, as a bonus.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast