Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When are the called up: Hendricks, Dozier, Parmelee, Benson?

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 164 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries

When are the called up: Hendricks, Dozier, Parmelee, Benson?

IN what order to you guys think those four players find themselves in a regular role on the Twins this year? I'll go with:

Hendricks is first, because a starter breaks down for a bit.
    Parmelee is second, because he kills it in Rochester for a month or two.
    Dozier is 3rd as the Twins have some opening in their infield.
    Benson is last.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Dozier,
    Hendriks,
    Benson,
    Parmelee

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Dozier-Casilla or Carroll will breakdown or be terrible and he will press the issue, I think
    Hendricks-there will be a middle infield issue before they give up on Marquis
    (These two are tossups because I really have a hard time seeing either of them being up very early)
    Parmalee-seems more likely just because who plays first full-time if Morneau has issues of some sort, Hughes? Plouffe? Mauer? Doumit?
    Benson-Two of Span, Plouffe, Revere and Willingham will have to get hurt to clear a everyday spot.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First

I see:
    Dozier
    Parmelee
    Hendricks
    Benson
    I wouldn't be shocked if Dozier, Parmelee, or Hendricks head north with the team. Of course depends on the health of Baker, Morneau. And what shakes out of the middle infield.

Senior Member Double-A Neinstein's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hendriks
    Dozier
    Parmelee
    Benson
    "You teach me baseball and I'll teach you relativity. No, we must not. You will learn about relativity faster than I learn baseball." ​Albert Einstein

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    These 3 together in April (no call ups, they make the roster) :
    Hendriks (because Baker starts the season at the DL)
    Dozier (because he will be the starting SS, with Carroll as the utility guy)
    Parmelee (because he will be the starting 1B with Morneau either on the DL or as the DH)

Benson will get called up July when Span gets traded

that's my crystal ball
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dozier i think he will be the starting SS and Carroll will a utillty player
    Parmelee i think will be called up mide May because Morneau will go on the DL
    Hendriks will be the first starting pitcher called up
    Benson

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What is the centerfield depth chart? I.e. if Span were hurt (knock on wood) would they move Revere over and bring up the Maestro as a backup or would they just bring Benson up?

At any rate, it seems likely that Hendriks will get a shot pretty early. I like Dozier, and I think he'll be the starting SS by years end. Not sure if he'll get more from being "seasoned" at AAA or from hanging around actual big-leaguers, starting a 3 or 4 times a week, etc. Parmalee seems the most blocked of the four.

Now that I write it, I'm going out on a limb and saying Dozier breaks camp with the Twins. Give Carroll and Casilla each two days off a week.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 823 Times in 517 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't be surprised if Parmalee and Hendricks make the opening day roster, so I'll say that's a tie for 1. Dozier gets called up in May/June if someone faulters, and Benson is a september callup again after a good season in AAA.

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Han Joelo View Post
    What is the centerfield depth chart? I.e. if Span were hurt (knock on wood) would they move Revere over and bring up the Maestro as a backup or would they just bring Benson up?
    I would think it's Span, Revere, Benson. I really think Benson is behind Mastroianni in the order of call ups because 2 (at minimum) of the four will have to get hurt before they can even think about calling him up because they will want him in the lineup everyday.

If Span gets hurt: Revere slides to center and a combination of Plouffe and Doumit play left, Mastroianni gets called up as the fourth outfielder
    If Revere gets hurt: Plouffe or Doumit play left, Mastroianni gets called up as the fourth outfielder
    If Willingham gets hurt: Plouffe or Doumit play right, Mastroianni gets called up as the fourth outfielder

When we start looking at Span and Revere getting hurt, then you have to call up Benson because otherwise it is Mastroianni everyday in center and I'm not sure how far that would work unless Benson is absolutely struggling in Rochester. In the corners you probably have to go even deeper because Doumit can play the corners and will if someone gets hurt and then I think Parmelee would get the call to DH, but that is looking more at who is hitting at Rochester and whether how Parmelee is hitting and Doumit's glove balance out to be better than what Benson may offer if he is struggling.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Thrylos98.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 566 Times in 370 Posts
    Man, that thrylos post is eerilay similar to one I typed, then deleted because I felt it was too negative.....the only place I disagree is on Dozier. Ryan will want to send him down. But I do believe Morneau is hurt, and Parmalee will be up. I do believe Hendriks has a chance to be up early. I am convinced they'll mistakenly trade Span at some point this year, it's Ryan's way. Trade away the present to play for a future that never comes (Torii and Johan's words, that I agree with).
    Lighten up Francis....

June 1
    Sept 1
    July 1
    Sept 1

Hendriks right away because either Marquis isn't good, or someone gets hurt. To be honest, still not quite sure why another go-round with Duensing -- for all his faults -- wasn't a better idea than Marquis.

Parmelee will do well in Rochester, but I think the Twins will return to the notoriously slow promotion practice that we had seen in previous -- read: better -- years. If Morneau isn't healthy/ready, get ready to see a lot of Ryan Doumit, or maybe even someone like Trevor Plouffe at first.

Dozier will be up at mid-season because Alexi will Ca-see himself out.

Benson is last because the Twins know he needs the most work -- in terms of raw talent versus refinement -- and they already have to sort out a handful of OF as-is.
    Follow me on Twitter: @brandon_warne (drop me a line and I'll follow back)
    Check out the Minnesota Baseball Writer's Alliance Facebook page!
    Finally, GO TWINS!

Liked 141 Times in 88 Posts
    Hendricks - Called up because someone (Baker) goes on the DL. That may be as soon as opening day. He may stay up if someone else is not performing.
    Dozier - Called up after Cassilla has a terrible April and part of May. Carroll plays second, Cassilla sticks around to play utility.
    Parlamee - Called up after tearing it up int AAA and Doumit goes on the DL. Mourneau moves to full time DH.
    Benson - Called up after the Twins trade... Revere. Benson to play CF, Span to LF. Willingham in RF.

If all this happens, I'm going to start buying lottery tickets.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    Hendriks
    Parmelee
    Dozier
    Benson

Maybe Hendriks will not go down if baker ends up on the DL!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Updated (subject to change at any point again):

Hendriks
    Parmelee
    Dozier
    Benson

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    At this point it looks like Parmelee might just be the starting first baseman, with Morneau starting the year on the DL. After that I go with Hendriks, because Baker or Blackburn (or both) will tweak something. Dozier and Benson probably will need to wait until a player gets hurt, bats .100 for a month, or some other random mishap.

On the other hand, Hendriks might have to wait for Duensing, who probably has first dibs on replacing a starter.

There is one other factor: If Benson or Dozier catches fire in AAA, hitting every other ball over the fence, then management will eventually acknowledge that this chicken has hatched.
    Last edited by jimbo92107; 03-22-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Hendriks- Start of the season

Parmalee- Depending on injury, he'll be second in May or June. If everyone is healthy, he'll come up after a trade or in Sept. Someone will get hurt and Paramlee will beup in May.

Dozier- After June 1st. Will be starting SS and Twins will need to decide who is the 2nd baseman and who is the utility player between Casilla and Carroll. Casilla might be a better utility option and a better option off the bench. The Twins won't start Dozier's clock before June.

Benson- Unless there is an injury, I don't see him up until Sept when the rosters expand.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Updated Again (always subject to change):

Parmelee
    Hendriks
    Dozier
    Benson

Senior Member Double-A Neinstein's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    These 3 together in April (no call ups, they make the roster) :
    Hendriks (because Baker starts the season at the DL)
    Dozier (because he will be the starting SS, with Carroll as the utility guy)
    Parmelee (because he will be the starting 1B with Morneau either on the DL or as the DH)

Benson will get called up July when Span gets traded

that's my crystal ball
    I like how your "crystal ball" thinks. The Dozier part I'm still not sure about. I would like to see it happen.
    "You teach me baseball and I'll teach you relativity. No, we must not. You will learn about relativity faster than I learn baseball." ​Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast