Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Zulgad: Healthy Gibson looking to earn a roster spot

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Zulgad: Healthy Gibson looking to earn a roster spot

Zulgad: Healthy Kyle Gibson looking to earn spot in starting rotation - Minnesota Twins news | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Twins

Gibson know he has a lot to prove this spring and throughout the season, but he is anxious to be back on the field and pitch for the Twins. He just has to try to not do too much.

Gibson admits he already has had to slow himself down at times this spring. That, of course, is easier said than done.

"It's hard to do that because I know that to get a job, I have to earn a job," Gibson said. "To pull back the reins is a little tough to do at some points because I understand that I've got a lot to prove. I've got to come out here and not only prove that I'm healthy but prove that I can compete at this level.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The article indicates the "twinge" in his elbow occurred after he already had been putting up mediocre numbers in Rochester. Maybe there was already deterioration and the twinge was the final injury. Granting he was only 23, it's still a reason I'm not on board with the idea that he'll suddenly be our ace. At this point, he has a chance to be a major leaguer, and I'm not confident of much else. An ERA of 5 for 2013 is well within the range of possible, all things considered.