Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Zulgad: Diamond optmistic despite not having "the greatest" throwing session

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 164 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries

Zulgad: Diamond optmistic despite not having "the greatest" throwing session

Judd Zulgad of 1500 ESPN give us an overview of starting pitcher Scott Diamond's recovery efforts. Diamond felt good on Friday, not so good on Saturday.

Best case, Diamond thinks he can be "full firing it up" by the middle of March.

"At that point, then it's just about trying to build up the pitch count and get ready to compete and be able to go deep into games again," he said. "I think that's more of a feel for the coaching staff and where they feel like I am and kind of what I can bring to the table at that stage."
    Scott Diamond remains optimistic but knows he can't rush recovery - Minnesota Twins news | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Twins

Liked 1,680 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    100 losses has seemed a little more attainable each day this week...

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if this is the first surgery he's had done on his arm. Probably yes. He sounds like he's on unfamiliar terrain.