Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Target Field Advice

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 614 Times in 329 Posts
    Moderator!!!!!

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 611 Times in 235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Wait a minute.....I see what you did there! Where's Glunn when you need him?
    Moderator!!!!!
    Not even Glunn can save you now.

"Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Not even Glunn can save you now.
    This means war.....

This means war.....
    Bring it on budday!
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."

Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Bring it on budday!
    Well, I might talk funny but you guys brought the world, spandex, George W Bush and...........................light beer!!!!!!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll add one more thing. The section by the bullpen are under an overhang so you will be protected in case of rain/drizzle. I had partial season tickets in the section and quite enjoyed it overall. Good access to concessions, but you are blocked from the main scoreboard.
    Papers...business papers.

Senior Member Double-A BrentMpls's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Should be plenty of pictures online from the general area of your tix or close enough to get a general idea of what it will look like. I love sitting in what is called the Grandstand area (to your immediate right as you walk in from the main gate (34).

As far as places to go beforehand I would avoid what used to be Smalley's (and before that Champs), I think now called "The Alley". Huberts on the other side up to gate 34 isn't much better. Keirran's, Glueks, and O'Donnovans are all decent.

The problem with downtown Minneapolis, despite how much people poke fun at St. Paul, is that outside of a small radius there isn't a lot of life downtown. You can walk clear from the Dome to Target Field and not pass another soul until you get within a couple blocks. You have bars from 5th street to 7th between Hennepin Ave and 1st Ave - most of which I would say you should avoid or are ok but will be packed, even with what will be a lackluster season. There is some life on Nicollete if you are willing to walk up a bit to the Local or Brits, but I don't go down that way on gameday. Lyons and the other places near Murray's on that little chunk of 6th street are nice, but again usually packed.

In my experience one of the better places is The Depot - a bar First Avenue opened a couple years ago that will open up its garage doors in the summer - carries a decent beer selection and all kinds of fun food (Diamond Dog is amazing - bacon wrapped dog, deep fried and in a pretzel bun). Much better food for lesser prices than anything in Target Field. Again - this can be packed, but tends to not be the first on peoples list like The Alley or Keirrans.
    Last edited by BrentMpls; 02-24-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Well, I might talk funny but you guys brought the world, spandex, George W Bush and...........................light beer!!!!!!
    Guilty as charged.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12