Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Target Field Advice

Target Field Advice

I'm bringing my GF down from Winnipeg to Minneapolis at the end of April and I want to take her to a game. She wants to sit in the outfield as she has never sat in outfield seats before. Right now I'm looking at seats in Section 131 Row 2, right next to the bullpen.

I'm just curious if any of you have any advice on the best outfield places to sit? Best sight lines, better to sit in the upper decks? Also if anyone has some cool places to hit up before or after the game that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 385 Times in 215 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like the Skyline deck for the money. Sections S-V

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 214 Times in 100 Posts
    The left field bleachers kind of obstruct the view of left field beneath you, but not as badly as the right field ones did. The big scoreboard is very difficult to see from the left field corner.

They've made some alterations to the right field seats this year so who knows.

I think I have narrowed it down to

Section 225 Row 1 Seats 17 and 18
    Section 131 Row 2 Seats 11 and 12

Thoughts?

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 166 Times in 97 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Right field is closer (and feels a lot closer) to the infield than left field at Target Field. It's also uncovered, so you can get more sun (though the sun is far more prevalent down the 3rd base line. I know they redid some seating in the right field area, but I bet they made it better. That area is the Overlook, section 136, 137 and 138. It looks like tickets vary from $13 to $41 depending on the date. I'd go for those, either from the Twins or stubhub.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rwilly View Post
    I think I have narrowed it down to

Section 225 Row 1 Seats 17 and 18
    Section 131 Row 2 Seats 11 and 12

Thoughts?
    If those are your choices, I'd go with 131 for sure. 225 isn't in the outfield, though, so I'm wondering a little if you meant 235 (since the OP said you were going for outfield seats). If that were the case, my personal preference would be 235 over 131 (as I like to be up a little and it's a little more centered).

Those sections are seemingly sold out for my game, at least for the Twins. Is Section 135 much different?

I like the idea of sitting in the bleachers and right next to the bullpen in 131, but from the 'Seat View' thing on the Twins site, Section 225 seems to be a much better view.

Edit: Ya, sorry for the confusion. I was looking only at outfield, but 225 just caught my eye even though it is down the 3rd base line.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As it's been mentioned twice, I am fairly sure the changes made down the right field line are that the bleacher seats that were partly in fair and partly in foul territory (just toward foul territory from the "Overlook") have been removed and it's just a patio area now. And from my experience with the Overlook, I like it a lot if you're in the first few rows of it, but much farther back than that creates some blind spots in the outfield and loses the "close to the action" feel of the front of those sections.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,315 Times in 710 Posts
    Those seats are fun, especially that close to the fence, as would 128, 129 and 130. Sections 237-239 give you a little better vantage point for the game, although deep balls to centre and right are a bit obstructed,you can see the scoreboard much better though.

No shortage of fun places to go before and after the game, Kieran's is right across the street, great outdoor patio if the weather is nice and good beer selection, Huberts right at the field, The Alley (formerly Smalley's) usually has game day specials,do some lawn bowling on the roof of Brit's Pub and have a few pints.....that's all within walking distance and just a start.

Have fun!
    Last edited by twinsnorth49; 02-21-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Not the best vantage point for viewing the game, but I think sitting so close to the field and in the seat right next to the bullpen would be a cool experience, so I think I'm going to go for Section 131. Thanks guys.

Liked 143 Times in 90 Posts
    Another good spot to check out if you're into craft beers is the Fulton Tap room. It's just a few blocks from the light rail stop at TF. They make some good beers and there's usually a food truck in the parking lot before the game that usually serves some good food and should be a little cheaper than the food at the field.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rwilly View Post
    Not the best vantage point for viewing the game, but I think sitting so close to the field and in the seat right next to the bullpen would be a cool experience, so I think I'm going to go for Section 131. Thanks guys.
    I think you'll like it. The bullpen view could be cool, and the view of the action from Row 2 there will be exciting on any balls hit out that way. I've been lucky almost every time I've sat in similar seats that there's been a play with an outfielder crashing into the wall very near me, and it's always pretty fun when that happens. Hopefully you'll be catch a Willinghomer, too.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 672 Times in 381 Posts
    Skyline - if you swing as close to home plateas you can in that section - best seats in the house. Protected from the harsh elements, convenient for all the good grub, and great sightlines.

The rest of the outfield, in my experience, are pretty crummy seats.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The seats that got removed in RF were replaced by drink rails, which may or may not have chairs at them (basically, like the seats up on the roof deck). Where ever you sit, BRING A JACKET. Possibly a blanket too, especially if she's one of those "I'm always cold" kind of girls. April games can be pretty damn chilly, and jackets and blankets at the stadium are ridiculously expensive.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 385 Times in 215 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Considering he's coming from Winnipeg I think they'll do ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    Considering he's coming from Winnipeg I think they'll do ok.

Hey, Hey, Hey, what's that supposed to mean?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Physics Guy's Avatar
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A little too close to home, eh? (Sorry couldn't resist.)

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,298 Times in 524 Posts
    Alright, what's going on in here, what's all this aboot?
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Hammer is being patronizingly anti-Winnipeg and Physics Guy is reinforcing Canadian stereotypes, they need to be moderated and possibly, temporarily banned, I'm offended.

Wait a minute.....I see what you did there! Where's Glunn when you need him?
    Last edited by twinsnorth49; 02-21-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Physics Guy's Avatar
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for being such a hoser, I take it back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast