Thread: Article: Berrios, Gibson already impressing

Twins Daily Writer Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries

Article: Berrios, Gibson already impressing

Good to hear. We may have a solid rotation rounding into shape beginning this year with Gibson, and sprinkling in some of the other prospects in the coming years. Not happy that we are going to have to wait fo it to happen. But a young team can make things interesting as we are waiting to compete again

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,294 Times in 773 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gibson was 3-8 4.81 at Rochester in 2011 before his injury shut him down. I wouldn't be offended to see him "prove" himself there with a sub-4.00 ERA before he's brought up.

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think the Twins are going to need a big year from Gibson this year to be competitive. Granted, he'll be on an innings count but they will need those innings to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Gibson was 3-8 4.81 at Rochester in 2011 before his injury shut him down. I wouldn't be offended to see him "prove" himself there with a sub-4.00 ERA before he's brought up.

Meh. If you add in his three starts in Rochester from 2010 his AAA ERA goes down to 4.41, and he was hurt for some of that, so I don't think he has anything to prove. Why spend time in Rochester if all signs point to him being ready to contribute with the big club?

I actually do think he should start in Rochester, but not because he needs to prove himself. Rather, if they're going to limit his innings this year I'd rather he get cranked up slowly down in Rochester, then brought up to MN in mid May with no restrictions.

I wish the best of luck to Jose and Eddie playing for Puerto Rico in the WBC.