Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Morosi: Chris Colabello is happiest man in baseball

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries

Morosi: Chris Colabello is happiest man in baseball

http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/m...eball/12970498

Fox Sports' Jon Morosi wrote about Twins minor leaguer Chris Colabello, the 29-year-old who spent his first summer in affiliated (non-independent) baseball in 2012 with the New Britain Rock Cats. He's at Twins spring training, and says he's the happiest man in baseball.

Now he has a locker in the Twins’ major-league clubhouse – right next to Justin Morneau’s – and will join Team Italy for the World Baseball Classic early next month.

“There’s not too many guys happier than I am right now – with everything,” a beaming Colabello said this week. “Being in big-league camp, getting to (play in the WBC).

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    I just continue to enjoy the Colabello story. Obviously independent leagues are still pro ball and there is some really good talent in them, but to not spend a year with an affiliated team until you're 28 and to do so much in the last year is remarkable... Big league camp and the WBC. Gardy wants some pop on his bench, well, maybe it should be a right-handed hitter since there are so many lefties. It would be a remarkable story (even moreso), if he can even get a couple of days in the big leagues sometime this year!

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 53 Times in 21 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Been following Chris's stats pretty regularly since he signed. Really hoping he gets a good chance/look as a bench bat. It's interesting (although not an "all things equal" comp) to compare his 2012 to Joe Benson's 2011.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Physics Guy's Avatar
    Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I agree that the stars may be aligning for Chris. Gardy's desire to get more pop off the bench could be the answer to Colabello's prayers (as well as the prayers of those hoping to rid the bench of one Drew Butera). What a "feel good" story it would be if Colabello broke camp with the Twins.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    I think that Colabello (or whoever) would affect the 2nd utility infielder more (or as much) as Butera.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I think that Colabello (or whoever) would affect the 2nd utility infielder more (or as much) as Butera.
    huh?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Go Colabello! Gotta root for a guy like that.