Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/18): Great Pitching, Not Much Hitting

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/18): Great Pitching, Not Much Hitting

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pretty good night, Sano is gonna be an XBH machine. Cant wait til our 1-4 is Buxton-Mauer-Morneau-Sano, Morneau and Sano will be getting so many RBIs. Thats if Morneau is still on the team at that point, I think he will be.

Agree with you on Morneau. No way in the world can they let him go and plug Parmalee (Sp?) into his slot. Parm has pretty much had a full season to prove that he can't hit big league pitching.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Good morning Seth, Have you been following Adrian Salcedo of late? After kicking off the dust earlier this year, he hasn't allowed a run in his last five appearances. He also is yet to walk a batter all year. Expect they are being careful using him in relief. What have you heard about their plans for him later this season?

Also great to see Angel Morales looking more like a professional ballplayer. He is doing well following another slow start.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I tweeted last night and should have mentioned here, that in Salcedo's last 5 appearances, he has worked 8.2 innings. He's give up no runs on seven hits. He's walked none and struck out ten. I'd think eventually they'd like to get him back to starting, but he fought elbow and shoulder injuries last year, so they'l be overly cautious, and that's smart.