Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Music

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 22 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freshinthehouse View Post
    hey drjim and brad swanson, what is your thoughts on Binaural? It seems like PJ fans either love it or ignore it. Personally i think it's their best album.
    I like it, wouldn't say it is my favorite album (mostly because of how much I like many of their other albums). I would agree that it really does well live.

I do have a story about Binaural that can bring it back to baseball a little bit. The day that Peter Gammons had his brain aneurysm (June 2006) Pearl Jam was playing at Xcel. They knew Gammons pretty well (he is a huge fan) so they asked for some good positive energy from the crowd on his behalf and then they dedicated "Light Years" to him, which was his favorite song at the time. Every time I hear that song or anything off of Binaural I always think of that moment. It was pretty awesome, especially since he recovered.
    Papers...business papers.

Light Years is one helluva jam. Good to hear Gammons has good taste.

Also, Riot Act would be my 2nd favorite. F'ing love that album.
    BYTO R.I.P.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Bridman77
    Liked 56 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    I like it, wouldn't say it is my favorite album (mostly because of how much I like many of their other albums). I would agree that it really does well live.

I do have a story about Binaural that can bring it back to baseball a little bit. The day that Peter Gammons had his brain aneurysm (June 2006) Pearl Jam was playing at Xcel. They knew Gammons pretty well (he is a huge fan) so they asked for some good positive energy from the crowd on his behalf and then they dedicated "Light Years" to him, which was his favorite song at the time. Every time I hear that song or anything off of Binaural I always think of that moment. It was pretty awesome, especially since he recovered.
    I was at that show too. I am still annoyed with Tom Petty for headlining and thus cutting PJ's set short.

To this day, I do not understand how Light Years wasn't a massive hit. It's so poppy and so beautiful. It's a personal favorite.

Riot Act is so great. 1/2 Full and Help, Help are such underrated songs.
    Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 22 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Swanson View Post
    I was at that show too. I am still annoyed with Tom Petty for headlining and thus cutting PJ's set short.

To this day, I do not understand how Light Years wasn't a massive hit. It's so poppy and so beautiful. It's a personal favorite.

Riot Act is so great. 1/2 Full and Help, Help are such underrated songs.
    I still hate Tom Petty because of those concerts. He played the same set both nights and threatened to not have Vedder come out unless the crowd cheered more. I thought he should stop sucking. Crowd was ornery though it was fun. But we got half the Pearl Jam for twice the money.

Riot Act is probably my favorite album.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,512 Times in 791 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No mention of Bowie's new album? What the hell, people. I expected better of you.

FYI, it's quite good. I shouldn't be surprised but I am... just a little.

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,833 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    No mention of Bowie's new album? What the hell, people. I expected better of you.

FYI, it's quite good. I shouldn't be surprised but I am... just a little.
    With Bowie no one should be surprised. It's Bowie. Although I haven't heard it yet. Still, it's Bowie.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    Current favorite is the black keys....love them. I always download the free music from google play and amazon....always buy at least one 5 dollar mp3 album from amazon every month. I love music.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    I'm digging this right now. Just such an interesting mix of classical with electronica. Really creative.

Shadows - Lindsey Stirling
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGCsyshUU-A

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,833 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtung View Post
    I'm digging this right now. Just such an interesting mix of classical with electronica. Really creative.

Shadows - Lindsey Stirling
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGCsyshUU-A
    How is that a blending of classical with electronica? Because she has an electric violin? It sounds more like she's fiddling and not playing classical violin. She took lessons as a kid but she isn't truly classically trained. Not that it's bad, but it's hardly a mesh with classical imo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123