Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring Training Game 2: Twins vs Rays, Sun. February 24, 2013

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whosafraidofluigirussolo View Post
    Is Eddie Ro in camp as a non-roster invite or are they just playing him as an "extra player" before the minor-league games start?
    He and JO Berrios and Andrew Albers are not on the official list of Non-Roster invites, but they are there preparing for the WBC and the Twins are supportive of that.

Senior Member Double-A BrentMpls's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    So does 96 not broadcast this? I'm getting questionable music and not play by play!

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I know that we have agreed as a group that spring training stats mean little or nothing, but as a point of information only I would note that Rosario is batting ,500 (2 for 4 for the season).

Blog Entries
    Top 6 - Brian Duensing pitching, James Beresford at 3B, Danny Santana at SS, Josmil Pinto is catching. Shelley Duncan got out. Chris Gimenez got on when a one-hopper went off of Santana's chest. Wil Myers doubled to right with Gimenez advancing to 3B. Bourgeios grounded to SS for a single to score the run and advance the runner. Fontenot had a broken bat single to score another run. Beckham grounded to Morneau who booted it. Keirmaier then popped up to Beresford. Double steal. Sean O'Malley grounded to Rosario for the 3rd out.

Senior Member Double-A BrentMpls's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Figured it out - the website isn't clear that you can't stream the game online.

I can barley pickup the station downtown Minneapolis less than a mile from Target Field using a regular ol' radio. 1500 was much higher quality than this on AM.

Blog Entries
    Morneau had a single in the 6th inning, but that was it.

Blog Entries
    Jared Burton with a 1-2-3 7th inning.

Blog Entries
    Btm 7 - Danny Santana walked. Brandon Boggs struckout looking and on the pitch, Santana was picked off at 1st base by the catcher. Eddie Rosario walked. Josmil Pinto popped out to deep second base.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Oldgoat_MN's Avatar
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whosafraidofluigirussolo View Post
    Is Eddie Ro in camp as a non-roster invite or are they just playing him as an "extra player" before the minor-league games start?
    They are letting him get in shape for the WBC.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Even if the radar gun is fast, the strikeout to end the inning seems like a good thing. Thanks for these posts!
    According to LEN's post in the strib...
    Kyle Gibson threw a pitch in the fourth inning that registered 96 miles an hour on the stadium radar gun. Say what? I checked wtih a scout in the stands, and Gibson topped out at 95. That's pretty darn good for a first outing. Gibson has to fine tune his command in future outings, but if he's feeling good enough to let it loose like that, wow.

Blog Entries
    Luis Perdomo in to pitch for the Twins in the 8th. Wil Myers struckout looking. Single by Figueroa. Hak-Ju Lee grounded out to 1B. Morrison struckout.

Blog Entries
    Chris Colabello had a single in the bottom of the 8th but didn't score.

Blog Entries
    Anthony Slama in for the top of the 9th. Walked the first batter (Kiermaier), which is one of the keys for him. O'Malley reaches on an error by Rosario, runner to 3B. O'Malley steals second. Slama walked the next batter to lead the bases. 2-run single gives the Rays a 6-2. lead... Gotta post this message, maybe it'll help Slama get an out.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 94 Times in 56 Posts
    It did get Slama out of the game. And Guerra in. Nice rally by the Twins in the bottom to score 5, but not nearly enough for Guerra. As TR said before the game, Guerra is the last straw from the Santana trade, and was at A ball at 19, but he's been here 4 years now and it's time to step up. So, Twins lose in 10.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgoat_MN View Post
    I've harped again and again that they would not start Hicks because they would lose a year of control if they don't keep him in the minors until June or so.
    I'm starting to change my mind. While I believe that he could very well be a GG CF, I no longer think his bat is going to be so great that we are looking at a perrenial All Star. Maybe that's why they seem to be willing to let him earn a job out of ST.
    Bet there's no way they'd let Arcia come up before June. That is, of course, if he's ready this year at all.
    Look at the progress go-go Gomez has made, me thinks Hicks will be a solid defensive player , and his bat will catch up to his D in his 3rd year
    Last edited by johnnydakota; 02-24-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,259 Times in 751 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Smith View Post
    It did get Slama out of the game.
    FREE ANTHONY SLAMA.

To whichever team takes him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12