Thread: Oswaldo Arcia Out

Liked 105 Times in 57 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oswaldo Arcia Out

I'm sure this has been reported several places, but those of us who are interested in watching Oswaldo Arcia this spring are going to have to wait a bit. He's out "indefinitely" with a pulled intercostal muscle in his left side.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...cia-out-injury

Count Gardenhire as one of the disappointed:

"I did want to take some looks at him, and I want to use everybody and give 'em all a chance," Gardenhire said. "That's kind of disappointing because I wanted to see him swing, but those things happen. We just have to get him well now."
    Update: In another story, Terry Ryan said Arcia is about a week away. So maybe he'll still have a chance to show the Twins coaching staff what he can do.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Normally shortly after the minor leaguers report, which is in about a week, many of the players just added to the 40 man roster this past offseason will be sent to minor league camp. That was the case with Arcia a year ago. However, with the WBC and now this injury, I fully expect that he'll be in camp a couple of weeks longer. This certainly hurts as it is never good for a player to miss time, but the Twins know what they have in Arcia.