Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: K-twin

K-twin

Is anyone else having difficultly tuning in the Twins new radio home? I am in a third floor office in Roseville. I have no trouble tuning in other major FM stations but K-TWIN is getting totally pushed out by KS95 and Cities97. I really hope this doesnt continue to be a problem.

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Issues with getting chanels at work is what prompted me to get Sirius XM. Now I just listen on my phone via data or wifi, just had too many isues getting a reception in our building.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I listened in my car yesterday and it sounded good...really really good, but I was just in South Mpls.

I finally found the "sweet spot" on my desk for my radio. Coming in much better now!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    First, I didn't have any issues listening to K-Twin in the car as I was driving to St. Cloud.

Second, I've heard of reception problems before when you are too close to the tower (I know it seems silly). A friend of mine has a terrible time picking up AM1280 - The Patriot and he lives about 1/2 mile from the tower.

Third, since I live outstate and have to rely on the TIBN, which is unreliable as some stations don't come in and some don't carry games that they are supposed, I spend the $20 for At Bat and stream the audio.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    I was out towards stillwater yesterday and the reception was not great. Last year I bought the mlb at bat app for my phone and really enjoyed it. You can listen to the game on it from anyplace you have a data signal. It is 15.00 well spent and it is the regular broadcast. FYI- Dave St. Peter is @TwinsPrez on Twitter. He is active on it and very receptive. I'll bet he would appreciate you reporting your experience to him if that persists. They did not switch stations to lose listeners.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    It worked fine for me on Saturday.

Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I live in St. Louis Park and I couldn't even get AM 1500 in my apartment. I tried K-Twin on Sunday afternoon and it came in much clearer- amen to this radio switch!

Liked 85 Times in 63 Posts
    I listened at work on my pocket size Sangean radio, very little problems in Andover.

Sadly, I cannot get the radio station anywhere in the house, even with an active FM antenna--and I'm inside the 694 highway ring. I tried streaming a preseason game from the website--but it was blocked during game time, with a suggestion to go to MLB website and buy their access. Really? Will that be the situation during the regular season?

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kinetic-Grip View Post
    Sadly, I cannot get the radio station anywhere in the house, even with an active FM antenna--and I'm inside the 694 highway ring. I tried streaming a preseason game from the website--but it was blocked during game time, with a suggestion to go to MLB website and buy their access. Really? Will that be the situation during the regular season?
    There's a secret military installation below you.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Keep in mind, the main transmitter for ktwn is actually in Crystal, so if you are in the east metro it's not going to be quite as strong. Also, while FM isn't going to be affected nearly as much as AM by interference, it has much greater problems with physical barriers, like big buildings, thick walls, mountains, etc

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP View Post
    I was out towards stillwater yesterday and the reception was not great. Last year I bought the mlb at bat app for my phone and really enjoyed it. You can listen to the game on it from anyplace you have a data signal. It is 15.00 well spent and it is the regular broadcast. FYI- Dave St. Peter is @TwinsPrez on Twitter. He is active on it and very receptive. I'll bet he would appreciate you reporting your experience to him if that persists. They did not switch stations to lose listeners.
    It's actually $20 now, two years ago it was $10.