Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Hollering Into The Void

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,215 Times in 725 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
    This reminds me I should blog more.

I just feel like I'm not sure if I have anything of value to write about (In other people's eyes) or that anyone else will read it. Maybe I should just write for the fun of getting my thoughts organized.
    tl; dnr

/

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,215 Times in 725 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    When running a site,
    All your points are well taken, but don't really address my point, which is that when someone feels they have a legitimate complaint, being told it's even worse elsewhere doesn't likely cut it.

I doubt your parents let you slide by pointing out that other kids in middle school were even worse. (Well, actually, maybe you *were* the kid my parents warned me about. )

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    tl; dnr

/
    So you're saying stick to twitter?

Liked 106 Times in 58 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Han Joelo View Post
    The last one I did was a total clunker--after one comment I wanted to just delete it. Hard not to be sensitive, but until I sequester myself in a cabin and write a novel, throwing up comments and the occasional posts are as close as I'll come to being a professional writer. Thanks to all of you for what you do.
    We'll happily put up with your comments and occasional posts until that novel project comes together. In fact, I think I'll do the same.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 87 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't know if this is the proper forum, but at least it will be read. I have started a couple of blog entries, but quit them because I couldn't start a new paragraph. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a setting I should change? Thanks for your help mods and bloggers.

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Liked 65 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    I don't know if this is the proper forum, but at least it will be read. I have started a couple of blog entries, but quit them because I couldn't start a new paragraph. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a setting I should change? Thanks for your help mods and bloggers.
    Weird, we'll help you get that figured out. I sent you a PM.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    This article kind of explains the nature of some of the articles, there have been more than a few where I wondered what the heck, thats kind of off topic, not really about the Twins - people are practicing their writing. Good for them.

I followed Seth here from his site, I'm here mainly to get Twins info, I've learned a lot, I follow the minor leagues more than I ever did before I got here.

Unless I have a lot of time, I stay away from reading all the comments, unless its one of the original starters of the site, too much bickering in the comments.

Not sure where to ask this so I'll ask it here. Sometimes I have a question that I'd like to post, for example "Why do players get thrown at for doing there job, like hitting a home run?" but not sure where to post it???

Thanks!! Keep up the good work all!!

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 743 Times in 415 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
    Not sure where to ask this so I'll ask it here. Sometimes I have a question that I'd like to post, for example "Why do players get thrown at for doing there job, like hitting a home run?" but not sure where to post it???

Well, if it's a simple question, just start a new thread in the forums (red navigation bar near top of page, "Forum" link). Be sure to choose the appropriate forum category that is most relevant to your new topic.

If it's a longer question that you maybe want to expand upon and theorize (basically, turning it into a full-fledged article), write a blog about it (same red navigation bar, "Blogs", then "Create New Blog").

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12