Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Minor League Movements

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TRex View Post
    Luke Bard and Zack Larson are now showing up on the E-ton web roster, can anyone confirm their promotion?
    Confirmed. They are both in Elizabethton.

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Jose Berrios to DL with right elbow contusion.

David Hurlbut from Cedar Rapids to Fort Myers.

Cole De Vries from Fort Myers to New Britain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosterman View Post
    Looks like Tim Wood is having shoulder surgery. The Twins can officially remove him from the 40-man (shades of Oliveros) when the offseason happens, probably still keeping him under contract just in case he returns before next season ends.
    Wood is on the 60-day DL, so technically not on the 40-man. But you're probably right... they'll reinstate him in the offseason and non-tender him. If they want him bad enough to re-sign him, though, they need to wait until after the Rule 5 draft so they don't crap their pants and give him another excessive contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosterman View Post
    But the Twins still need to find a roster spot for Mastro on the 40-man (maybe they can move DeVries to the 60-day). Anyone know status of Deolis Guerra?
    De Vries is active in the minors, so they definitely cannot DL him. Guerra has started throwing again, I believe. The 40-man issue was taken care of when Carroll was traded (which happened since the original post).

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In his most recent start, JO Berrios was hit by a ball in the elbow. He is not expected to be out for too long.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Nice JO Berrios article in which Gary Lucas describes his outing and throwing plan for the rest of the season.
    Berrios helps Kernels blank Cougars | MiLB.com News | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

Blog Entries
    LHP Miguel Sulbaran, acquired from Dodgers to complete Butera trade, will join Cedar Rapids.

Based on his stats, that looks like a decent get for the Twins. A lefty pitcher, me like!

Holy crap! He is no. 14 on their top 20 prospects! 2013 Prospect Watch | MLB.com: News

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Niko Goodrum joined Jorge Polanco on the Kernels' DL today and the Twins promoted infielder Ryan Walker to the Kernels. Walker was the Twins' 18th round pick in this year's draft.

Goodrum has a groin pull.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 196 Times in 124 Posts
    Tim Wood and Luis Perdomo have been released. Perdomo has been an utter train wreck. Wood hasn't pitched since May. I'm not sure what prompted the Wood realease, was he ready to come back but the Twins had nowhere to put him?

Does Perdomo getting his walking papers mean May (Meyer?!) will get bumped to help Rochester for their improbable playoff run?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Tim Wood and Luis Perdomo have been released. Perdomo has been an utter train wreck. Wood hasn't pitched since May. I'm not sure what prompted the Wood realease, was he ready to come back but the Twins had nowhere to put him?

Does Perdomo getting his walking papers mean May (Meyer?!) will get bumped to help Rochester for their improbable playoff run?
    I think DeVries was called up

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 196 Times in 124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rikker49 View Post
    I think DeVries was called up
    Makes sense. I guess that would be the logical choice considering how well he pitched there prior to his three start demotion.

The Rochester fans are surely thrilled.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,246 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries
    DeVries was hurt, yes? His games in NB suggest he's gotten himself right. Maybe he can contribute.

When was Luke Bard promoted to Fort Myers?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415