Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: The Western Australian: Baseball Loses its Lure for Hughes

The Western Australian: Baseball Loses its Lure for Hughes

Luke Hughes is considering trying Australian Rule Football again after not receiving any baseball offers this offseason.

Baseball loses its lure for Hughes - The West Australian

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If he wasn't a bad fielder, I'm sure teams would be interested. His career OPS at AAA is .776 which is pretty good for a 2B. He never got much of a chance in the majors. I wouldn't have been opposed to bringing him back on the cheap even though he's not much of a prospect at 28.

Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Liked 464 Times in 291 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I feel bad for the guy. He could have been a star in football if he hadn't been lured into baseball. Oh well. On another topic, the Twins have only four healthy starters entering the 2013 season, and at least three are not all that good. So I'll stop worrying about Luke Hughes and wonder who might be pitching for the Twins on May 1.
    "If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmathewson View Post
    I feel bad for the guy. He could have been a star in football if he hadn't been lured into baseball. Oh well. On another topic, the Twins have only four healthy starters entering the 2013 season, and at least three are not all that good. So I'll stop worrying about Luke Hughes and wonder who might be pitching for the Twins on May 1.
    Yikes, this is the "more baseball" area. No need to be current-team focused around these parts, heck, no need to be Twins-focused around these parts. Certainly no reason to come down on someone for remembering a former member of the organization and his life happenings since leaving.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!