Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 371 Times in 196 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Ryan Pressly excited to be with the Twins on Opening Day

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm backing him 100% and I hope he does fantastic. Let's give him time and hope his stuff gives batters fits.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, no reason not to at least hope for him to develop well... Having spent so little time at AA, it'll most certainly be a challenge, but they need to keep him around and not lose him. The potential is there!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 162 Times in 103 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Seth.

The Twins will have some decisions to make when Diamond, Swarzak, Wood and Deduno are healthy.

My hope is they keep the pitchers with the upside. Wood and Roenicke have little. They should have taken Wood off the 40 instead of the 25 year old Burnett. I hope they don't choose Wood or Roenicke over Pressly. While any reliever can have a good ERA in a given season like Roenicke last year, I don't think either is part of the solution.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
    Thanks Seth.

The Twins will have some decisions to make when Diamond, Swarzak, Wood and Deduno are healthy.

My hope is they keep the pitchers with the upside. Wood and Roenicke have little. They should have taken Wood off the 40 instead of the 25 year old Burnett. I hope they don't choose Wood or Roenicke over Pressly. While any reliever can have a good ERA in a given season like Roenicke last year, I don't think either is part of the solution.
    The big thing Pressly has going for him is that they can't send him down without losing him. As a Rule V draft pick, if he doesn't stay on the 25-man roster all season, he goes back to the Boston organization.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Best wishes to Pressly. If the Twins can get a good bullpen arm out of the Rule 5 draft, that is truly worthwhile, especially with the acquisition of Diamond a couple years earlier. I saw the only appearance in ST where Pressly yielded a run and IIRC there were a couple of SBs in that inning. I hope teams don't "run wild" on him.

Great article Seth. I also hope the keep the kid around all year and give him a good shot. Best to go with young talent and see how much it will help when the Twins are a contender--hopefully 2014.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    I think in a rebuilding year, keeping the Rule 5 guys makes a ton of sense. Hopefully he can contribute a little bit rather than just needing to hide him at the back of the bullpen. The kid has talent.