Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Best thing about the win

  1. #21
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,677
    Like
    32
    Liked 743 Times in 415 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    Hahahaha, this made me laugh so much. After one game, Vavra is a better third base coach because he waved a runner home. Anyone would have done that.
    Or maybe the observation has something to do with the seven years Vavra was hitting coach after following Ullger's "swing like a man" stint in the role.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Posts
    579
    Like
    6
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    Yup, how many strikeouts have we had in the past two games?

  3. #23
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,677
    Like
    32
    Liked 743 Times in 415 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    Yup, how many strikeouts have we had in the past two games?
    God knows that Justin Verlander, Anibal Sanchez, and an excellent Tigers pen had nothing to do with that.

    What exactly is your point? Neither Ullger nor Vavra is the hitting coach.

  4. #24
    Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    6,917
    Like
    992
    Liked 1,215 Times in 725 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Bullpen? Eh, I'm not convinced about that.
    But, so far, so good. The two relievers who haven't appeared are Pressly and Robertson, and I can see waiting for a lower-pressure situation to bring the former in and I can see having the latter be on a very short leash anyway.

    And, though it's reasonably standard now, I liked our closer being in the game for the top of the ninth even though down a run.

    It helped of course that the two starters didn't give him a reason to yank them in the fourth or fifth (although the first or second inning in the first game probably had him wondering).

  5. #25
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,161
    Like
    19
    Liked 195 Times in 123 Posts
    I have to disagree about the best thing about the win. To me, the best thing about the win was that it was only game two and the Tigers are already panicking about their closer situation. They just signed the powder keg that is Jose Valverde, the guy they had all offseason to bring in, but didn't because they knew he didn't have it anymore.

  6. #26
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,161
    Like
    19
    Liked 195 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    Hahahaha, this made me laugh so much. After one game, Vavra is a better third base coach because he waved a runner home. Anyone would have done that. Anyway, for me, the best thing about yesterdays win was the performance of Kevin C. Sure he doesn't have dominant stuff, but a lot of haters at Twinsdaily had to have felt like jackasses after that performance against the best offense in baseball. KC 1, TD-0
    So you Vavra can't be evaluated off of one performance but Correia can. Got it, thanks.

  7. #27
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,677
    Like
    32
    Liked 743 Times in 415 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    So you Vavra can't be evaluated off of one performance but Correia can. Got it, thanks.
    It's not even that... Apparently, we're also supposed to ignore the 7+ years of play/coaching that both did prior to yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.