Thread: Article: Saturday in the Minor League Parks

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Saturday in the Minor League Parks

Liked 722 Times in 383 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great report. It seems like the Miracle and the Kernels are providing the greatest solace lately.

Seth, have you heard anything interesting about Angel Morales? I know small sample sizes apply, and this is a slight exaggeration, but it seems like he has had more good offensive performances this season than the previous 2 seasons combined. He has 7 extra base hits in 8 games this season after hitting just 20 in 112 games all last year. He's repeating the league, and his strikeout to walk rate is still dreadful, so I'm just wondering if there is any reason for optimism.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure what to make of Morales. He remains an incredible athlete and is very talented and a tremendous centerfielder. He has the ability to play like he has this first week, but if we recall, he was also the player of the week in the Florida State League the first week last season too. His performance in Puerto Rico certainly doesn't give hope, but hopefully his fast start and translate into some confidence and he'll keep it up.

Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Liked 464 Times in 291 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I believe Morales struggled through injuries that last two years. I don't know how open he's been about his health, but the old medical staff didn't exactly encourage openness, either. Anyway he seems healthy now. Hopefully he can be consistent as well.

Previous articles on this site listed the average age of players at each level. So I'm curious, at 23, is Morales just taking advantage of younger opponents at FM? Hoping he can keep it up and finally make it to NB.

Speaking of young FM players... This time last year, this guy named Oswaldo was playing for FM, found success early across two levels, and will make his debut a day or two from now. What a year....Arcia is still just 21.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nice read. Keep 'em coming.

Liked 43 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Things are looking pretty bleak at the AAA level in this "great" farm system. Colabello and Arcia the only real bright spots, and the pitching is as horrible as the Twins. Patience is overrated.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave View Post
    Previous articles on this site listed the average age of players at each level. So I'm curious, at 23, is Morales just taking advantage of younger opponents at FM? Hoping he can keep it up and finally make it to NB.

Speaking of young FM players... This time last year, this guy named Oswaldo was playing for FM, found success early across two levels, and will make his debut a day or two from now. What a year....Arcia is still just 21.
    Average FSL Hitter this year is currently 22.8. Pitchers 23.2.
    Average FM Hitter this year is currently 22.9. Pitchers 23.1.
    Angel Morales turned 23 in November, so he's just barely over the average.

Miracle have several 25 year olds, but the prospects are young!