Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: James Beresford

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    After dipping a bit for a half dozen games or so, Beresford seems back in form again, hitting .316 over his last five games (and that includes an 0-3 night last night). On Sunday, his second inning RBI single drove in the only run of the Red Wings' 1-0 win. Beresford had a pair of hits both Friday and Saturday.

For the season, across his time in AA and AAA, Beresford has a slash line of .304/.365/.340/.705 with 33 RBI and 9 stolen bases, without being caught stealing all year.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Red Wings have appeared to be doing all they can to avoid being in the playoffs the past week or two, but heading in to the final weekend of the year, Rochester is just half a game out of the wild card spot.

It doesn't look like anyone could blame Beresford for the Wings' August swoon, though. In his last 10 games, James is hitting .342 and has four multi-hit games.

MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

Red Wings and finals

Quote Originally Posted by SD Buhr View Post
    The Red Wings have appeared to be doing all they can to avoid being in the playoffs the past week or two, but heading in to the final weekend of the year, Rochester is just half a game out of the wild card spot.

It doesn't look like anyone could blame Beresford for the Wings' August swoon, though. In his last 10 games, James is hitting .342 and has four multi-hit games.
    Another example of James and his playing tough when the game gets tough, 4 hits from 5 at bats with a double and as usual finesse with the glove at 2nd.

Good win by Rochester, hope they can keep going

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Indeed, James got off to a fantastic post-season start, with 4 hits in 5 ABs, including a double, an RBI and a pair of runs scored. Five Red Wings had multiple hits in the game. Hope they can keep up the good work and go deep in the AAA playoffs.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Beresford has re-signed with the Twins with an invite to Major League camp. If the Twins don't add him to the 40 man roster, I guess he could be picked up by someone else in the Rule 5 draft, but that would seem unlikely, to me.

Honestly, there's a part of me that thinks he might have had a better shot at a Big League call-up with another organization, but hopefully, he'll add some muscle and get off to a strong start in Ft Myers in March.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would certainly protect him, in case there is some team who wants a utility infielder for 2014. Pedro Florimon and Eduardo Escobar are not true locks to maintain legit MLB status.

When looking at the rule 5, I think one has to place top prospects and/or guys one could see joining the team in the next season. The latter might very well apply to Beresford.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    I would certainly protect him, in case there is some team who wants a utility infielder for 2014. Pedro Florimon and Eduardo Escobar are not true locks to maintain legit MLB status.

When looking at the rule 5, I think one has to place top prospects and/or guys one could see joining the team in the next season. The latter might very well apply to Beresford.
    Remember that they also have Danny Santana already on the 40 man. Combined with Dozier, the Florimonster and Escobar is quite a bit on the roster already. Does anyone know how many MI most teams carry on their 40 man?

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtung View Post
    Remember that they also have Danny Santana already on the 40 man. Combined with Dozier, the Florimonster and Escobar is quite a bit on the roster already. Does anyone know how many MI most teams carry on their 40 man?
    I understand that, I just don't like the risk. Relievers and utility players are the ones seemingly most in danger. I would rather risk Darnell and Dean.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123