Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Max Kepler

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 101 Times in 48 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Manager Jake Mauer indicated before Thursday's game that Kepler's finger is feeling good and he could be available off the bench and may be back in the lineup Friday.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 42 Times in 29 Posts
    Here is an article from BA about Max Kepler. It has a little about Kepler's background and how he has grown up since being signed from Germany in 2009. It more about Kepler as a person than about what his baseball abilities are, though there is a little about that as well. Interesting read.

Max Kepler Adds At-Bats In Fall League - BaseballAmerica.com

Kepler has hit safetly in 5 of the 6 AFL games he has played including 2 doubles and 3 RBI, for a .304/.346/.391 (.737) line. One good sign is that he has better numbers against lefties than righties. Check out this writeup on his 2-4 game Wednesday:

Glendale's Max Kepler outshines arms, Twins teammates | twinsbaseball.com: News

I imagine the Twins will have quite a dilema on his hands if he has a strong rest of the AFL deciding whether to add him to the 40 man to protect him from the rule V draft.

Also, I apologize for not posting more towards the end of the season. I can tell posting slowed down as this thread is now at the bottom of the 2nd page of a google search for "Max Kepler". For most of the year it was the top result.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123