Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Your Hanshin Tigers Update

Liked 14 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries

Your Hanshin Tigers Update

hanshin_tigers3.jpg

Tsuyoshi Nishioka is currently batting .344 with a .415 on-base percentage for the 2nd place (14-10) Hanshin Tigers in the Nippon Leagues' Central League. He's played 22 games at second base, making two errors.

According to the Google Chrome translation of the Hanshin Tigers website, Nishioka "emits" right-handed and "strokes" with both hands. He's had one "Death Ball" so far, zero "Conjunction Killing Strokes" and 32 "Cheap Shots."

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't think that anyone should be surprised that he's playing at an All Star caliber in Japan. From all reports, he is a very good offensive and defensive player. The mental side of the game completely got to him in the US. Now back at home, he's relaxed and playing as expected.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I don't think that anyone should be surprised that he's playing at an All Star caliber in Japan. From all reports, he is a very good offensive and defensive player. The mental side of the game completely got to him in the US. Now back at home, he's relaxed and playing as expected.
    Really? I thought his physical tools looked like a guy in AA, or career filler minor leaguer. Shoot, he didn't even hit that well in the minors. If the head-game made that big of an impact.... he rightfully went back to Japan.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 394 Times in 208 Posts
    Can we sue him? I still hope he goes 0 for his next 250 at is banned from the game.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 222 Times in 97 Posts
    He's no Tuffy Rhodes.