Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2013 Draft: The Mocks

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 69 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markos View Post
    I agree 100%. Floating the Moran rumor is just shaking the tree, and now they are seeing what drops. I'm fairly confident the Twins tried this as well with their McGuire rumor. The McGuire rumor allowed teams to figure out who might be available if there is an extra $1-2 million or so available. The Moran rumor raises it to $4 million.
    I think you nailed it.

The 2014 #1 QB recruit Kyle Allen surprised everyone today and with no deadline just announced on Twitter that he has committed to play at Texas A & M.Interesting timing with Kohl Stewart and his advisors attempts at leverage and such.May not have an impact but everything does just 3 days before the draft.
    Hi Everybody...

Touch Em All Steve Lombardozzi

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 69 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carneal&Gordon View Post
    The 2014 #1 QB recruit Kyle Allen surprised everyone today and with no deadline just announced on Twitter that he has committed to play at Texas A & M.Interesting timing with Kohl Stewart and his advisors attempts at leverage and such.May not have an impact but everything does just 3 days before the draft.
    Most experts said Stewart wouldn't turn down first round money to hold a clip board behind Johnny M. Now this. I see no way he doesn't sign now.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb0252 View Post
    Most experts said Stewart wouldn't turn down first round money to hold a clip board behind Johnny M. Now this. I see no way he doesn't sign now.
    Exactly, I think he would of signed no matter what but he was playing the "Im going to play Football" angle to get some leverage in the negotiations. All this did was give him less leverage. Maybe the school was mad because they knew he wasnt gonna attend so they got back at him by announcing this several days before the draft?

Administrator Double-A Twins Daily Admin's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The timing of this is weird, to say the least. Maybe Allen just really doesn't like Stewart?

Yesterday was a pretty crummy day for Stewart. First, Keith Law goes upstream of previous reports and says Stewart could fall as #18 if he's not taken at #4. Then this, which surely decreases Stewart's leverage.

With both of those scenarios, it could be that if the Twins draft Stewart with #4, he signs for less than slot, leaving them some extra money for the next couple of rounds.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 47 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull View Post
    Exactly, I think he would of signed no matter what but he was playing the "Im going to play Football" angle to get some leverage in the negotiations. All this did was give him less leverage. Maybe the school was mad because they knew he wasnt gonna attend so they got back at him by announcing this several days before the draft?
    Or maybe the QB that committed wanted to undercut his possible competition. Sounds more likely than the school retaliating against a potential player who hasn't decommitted yet.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
    Wow the conspiracy theories are flying! I think it's most likely the QB commit waited until he finished his junior year then spent a few days figuring out what he wanted to do with his future. He probably just didn't want this hanging over his head during his senior year. College football recruiting is incredibly time consuming and invasive. There are kids who just want to get it over with. My guess he doesn't really care what Stewart does.

I also don't really buy this lowering Stewart's leverage. He still has a scholarship. He can still make the choice to go to college. Nothing has changed.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With the #1 recruit I don't think Texas A&M is doing this to throw Stewart under the bus by any means. Every football team is trying to get the #1 QB recruit in that class every year. It does hurt Stewart though, probably quite a bit, he goes from having solid leverage to little.

Senior Member Triple-A InfraRen's Avatar
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Chris Crawford's last mock just posted:

The Penultimate Mock |
    Follow me on Twitter: @Infraren

Till I Collapse

The Sporting New projects Kris Bryant to the Twins. I could live with that.

MLB mock draft: Astros go economical route again with Heels' Moran - MLB - Sporting News

Administrator Double-A Twins Daily Admin's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Guys, I'm going to ask we continue talk about mocks and rumors from here on at our Official Day 1 Draft Thread. Rejoice! It's here!

http://twinsdaily.com/minnesota-twin...ft-thread.html

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789