Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just saw Vikes new stadium..... Oh my

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 62 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecgrimes View Post
    for a billion dollars the end product better be ****ing orgasmic.
    ftfy
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 179 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecgrimes View Post
    I remember first driving by Target Field and thinking it looked like a cookie cutter stadium. It's a different story once you go in and sit in the last row in the third deck and realize you are closer to the action then being in the 22nd row down the third base line in the dome.
    Just stumbled upon this old thread, but the above statement is nowhere near true, right? I mean, on some subjective level, you might "feel" closer to the action at Target Field, particularly since the seats are properly oriented for baseball, but generally, the upper level seats at Target Field are much higher and further from the field than their Dome counterparts (accounting for the fact that the Dome had ~8,000+ more seats than Target Field).

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spycake View Post
    Just stumbled upon this old thread, but the above statement is nowhere near true, right? I mean, on some subjective level, you might "feel" closer to the action at Target Field, particularly since the seats are properly oriented for baseball, but generally, the upper level seats at Target Field are much higher and further from the field than their Dome counterparts (accounting for the fact that the Dome had ~8,000+ more seats than Target Field).
    How much higher are the seats at Target Field, by the way 8,000 seats would equal about the top 6 rows in the metrodome. The first row in the upper deck of the dome is 4 flights of stairs above the playing field.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12