Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just saw Vikes new stadium..... Oh my

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just saw Vikes new stadium..... Oh my

Wow, if you havent seen the designs yet go and look them up. It looks absolutely amazing, it will be the sickest stadium in the world. Most of it is Glass including the roof. It has the tallest glass doors in the world, and the biggest glass cieling in the world. You can see through the stadium from outside, it will be sick when its snowing and you can see it through the roof and on some of the sides of the stadium. It will be like they are outdoors but with the perfect weather.

I CANT WAIT FOR IT TO BE DONE

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Lots of glass - that's wise in Minnesota winters...
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 137 Times in 83 Posts
    it looks cool but I will wait until it is further along in the design process to make any judgments. The glass could be awesome or something that doesn't work out. I'm also a little concerned about the multi-purpose design constraints.

Senior Member Double-A BrentMpls's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Not too fired up about this design, the emphasis that the presenters highlighted in its unveiling was puzzling and disappointing, football seemed to be the far from the main interest.

It will be interesting to see what new developments/life it will bring to that end of downtown, if any.

Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    it looks cool but I will wait until it is further along in the design process to make any judgments.
    Design process is completed.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 568 Times in 372 Posts
    Lots of glass is wise in the winter, it lets in the sun and heat, while still being insulating if done correctly.

From the street view it reminds me of the pyramid entrance to the Louvre, frankly. The location is just stupid, really, really stupid. It should be on the Farmers' Market site, but the church and a handful of others kept it from happening.
    Lighten up Francis....

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,608 Times in 835 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wow. It looks like a spaceship vagina.

I'm all for modern designs but the one (only) thing I liked about the Metrodome was its relatively low profile. This design doesn't share that characteristic at all.

Senior Member MVP
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Wow. It looks like a spaceship vagina.

I'm all for modern designs but the one (only) thing I liked about the Metrodome was its relatively low profile. This design doesn't share that characteristic at all.
    You sound just like the Lovre entrance haters too......I think a lot of people will share your opinion. I don't, but it's not like this is something based on reason, so it makes sense people would disagree.
    Lighten up Francis....

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    You sound just like the Lovre entrance haters too......I think a lot of people will share your opinion. I don't, but it's not like this is something based on reason, so it makes sense people would disagree.
    The reason I pointed that out is because I'm usually pretty progressive when it comes to design. I like modern designs. I like the glass roof, I think that's pretty freakin' cool.

What I don't like is the lady-bits entrance and how it dominates the landscape around it... Stadiums should meld into the fabric of a skyline, not steal the show. They're generally boxy and squat. It's not the most appealing line for a building.

Senior Member MVP
    There is no skyline at that side of the city.....
    Lighten up Francis....

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    There is no skyline at that side of the city.....
    I know, which is why I liked the low profile of the Metrodome.

Liked 3,188 Times in 1,365 Posts
    It's just an impression based on an artist's drawings, but...another airplane hanger. A big, fancy one with lots of glass, to be sure, but an airplane hanger at its core, with all the soul and personality of same.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentMpls View Post
    Not too fired up about this design, the emphasis that the presenters highlighted in its unveiling was puzzling and disappointing, football seemed to be the far from the main interest.
    It's a football stadium.

The presentation was 100% political.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 673 Times in 381 Posts
    Also....how creative can football stadiums really look at the end of the day? Most are all the same in appearance from the outside. The ones that try too hard usually look ugly as sin.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 137 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentMpls View Post
    Design process is completed.
    And all that is shown is some fancy sketches. Anything can look good at this point.

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,948 Times in 1,139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Also....how creative can football stadiums really look at the end of the day? Most are all the same in appearance from the outside. The ones that try too hard usually look ugly as sin.
    Case in point ... the 'new' Soldier Field, which is 'across the street' from me. Thankfully I face the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Case in point ... the 'new' Soldier Field, which is 'across the street' from me. Thankfully I face the other way.
    that is exactly the stadium I had in mind when I posted!

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Also....how creative can football stadiums really look at the end of the day? Most are all the same in appearance from the outside. The ones that try too hard usually look like a vagina.
    Fixed.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Excellent revision.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 385 Times in 215 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure in another 40 years after fashions have changed, ownership will still be perfectly satisfied and not want a modern ballpark or threaten to leave if it doesn't get one.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    I remember first driving by Target Field and thinking it looked like a cookie cutter stadium. It's a different story once you go in and sit in the last row in the third deck and realize you are closer to the action then being in the 22nd row down the third base line in the dome. I don't goto football games so I don't care but for a billion dollars the end product is going to be pretty spectacular.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast