Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Arrested Development

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,526 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries

Arrested Development

I'm surprised that no one is talking about it. So far, I'm seven episodes into the new season and it's really starting to roll. The first 3-4 episodes were good, not great, but once Tobias and GOB entered the picture, it was full speed ahead.

The best part of the new season is that they're not relying only on old jokes.

Anustart.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 452 Times in 221 Posts
    About to watch episode 4 and trying hard to pace myself. So far it's been OK but needs more GOB and Tobias, which you say is coming.
    Chris Hermann solves everything. hat tip to jokin

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 619 Times in 344 Posts
    My wife isn't as into it as I am, but I plan on getting netflix over the summer and marathoning it. Glad to hear it's holding up after all these years away.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 383 Times in 213 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They better not have ditched all the old jokes, I love me some chicken dance.

I had originally planned on marathoning through the entire season the second it came out, but I was forced to San Francisco on a work trip and was stuck at AT&T Park on Sunday seeing a Giants game instead of Arrested. Now that I'm home, I am four episodes in and agree that it is beginning to pick up a little. That George Sr. episode was really weird. But after seeing the second Michael episode I'm getting much more intrigued.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    They better not have ditched all the old jokes, I love me some chicken dance.
    Some old jokes are brought back, some are expanded upon, and some are all new.

Club And is ****ing hilarious. So many clever little jabs, just like the old Arrested Development.

And the Happy Days/Bob Loblaw Law Bomb scene is so many levels of meta it makes your head spin. People online are bitching and moaning about the new episodes but it seems that some of them are missing the point... This is EXACTLY like the old AD, people just haven't had five years to digest the multiple layers of the show. I understand some complaints about the episode structure but it hasn't been that annoying to me.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 383 Times in 213 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not an easy choice but my favorite Bob Loblaw exchange would have to be:

Bob Loblaw: As you know, it is very difficult to establish fault in a divorce, but one indicator is fidelity. Now, my client has not pursued sex outside of this marriage.

Tobias: Nor in it.

Bob Loblaw: I got this one. Can the same be said for you?

Lindsay: Oh, absolutely— I’ve done everything to make this marriage work.

Bob Loblaw: That’s interesting. Can you tell me what your plans are for this evening?

Lindsay: Uh... I have plans with a friend.

Bob Loblaw: A man? What’s his name, please?

Treat: Don’t answer that.

Bob Loblaw: I withdraw the question. Why don’t we stop for the day... so Mrs. Fünke can get to her date with her mysterious Mister... Blah-Blah-Blah. At 8:30, unless you want to sit at the bar.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Anustart.
    Daddy needs to get his rocks off.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    Not an easy choice but my favorite Bob Loblaw exchange would have to be:
    In my opinion, there is one scene with Henry Winkler, Scott Baio, and Ron Howard narrating that easily bests any Bob Loblaw scene to date. It completely struck me by surprise with how suddenly it evolved into three different jokes. Beautiful.

I think it's around ep 4-5 in the new season.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 115 Times in 82 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am through 11 episodes. I have listened to no one talk about the show so far until this thread, essentially. I will say that if one worries that the whole thing is too all over the place and yet interconnected for all 15 episodes . . . it all came to a head at the end of episode 11. Plenty of little mysteries get solved. I am thinking of slowly watching the last four . . .

The two GOB episodes are my favorites so far in the new season. I like what they have done with Lucille and Tobias even. I am still puzzled about George at the moment and what is going on there.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    I am through 11 episodes. I have listened to no one talk about the show so far until this thread, essentially. I will say that if one worries that the whole thing is too all over the place and yet interconnected for all 15 episodes . . . it all came to a head at the end of episode 11. Plenty of little mysteries get solved. I am thinking of slowly watching the last four . . .

The two GOB episodes are my favorites so far in the new season. I like what they have done with Lucille and Tobias even. I am still puzzled about George at the moment and what is going on there.
    I began to realize what was happening early in the show when someone was kicking Lindsey's seat on the plane (episode 3? 4?). At that point, I started to figure out that they're taking the same scenes and splicing them into later episodes (something the show did a fair amount in seasons 1-3). "Anustart" was another big clue.

But before that point, I was seriously ****ing confused about why they weren't featuring about half the characters.

I'm nine episodes in now, I think. I'm taking my time so that I can soak it in because after this, we ain't gettin' no more episodes of Arrested Development... Ever.

Blog Entries
    I know. There is no Buster or George Michael episode through 11. It's odd. BUT, I have to imagine that no. 12 is GM. Hint hint.

There is a fantastic "fight" scene in episode 11. Good grief.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Bridman77
    Liked 56 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I finished all the episodes yesterday. My wife and I watched the first five on Sunday night and seriously considered stopping there. After the second Lindsay episode, things really got good, in my opinion. The last four episodes were fantastic, not surprisingly George Michael and GOB are prominently featured.
    Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

Blog Entries
    I have now read some whiners on FB and I want to punch them. THIS WAS and IS the greatest American comedy show ever. Full stop. Fans know this. So don't whine. Good god.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    I have now read some whiners on FB and I want to punch them. THIS WAS and IS the greatest American comedy show ever. Full stop. Fans know this. So don't whine. Good god.
    Send Feral Jesus after them.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GCTF View Post
    Send Feral Jesus after them.
    I'm still only nine episodes in so I only got one glimpse of Feral Jesus.

I'm hoping there's more to come. That idea is too hilarious to only show once.

Blog Entries
    One more to go. George Michael's episode is totally stellar. Buster's is great too.