Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/7): Albers Twirls Gem

Twins Daily Writer Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/7): Albers Twirls Gem

If you want to know where the Twins infield of the future is, take a look at numbers of Sano 3B, Rosario 2B, Vargas 1B, and how they rank in the Florida State League. I just finished looking at the league stats. What they are doing is just amazing. Vargas leads in RBIs with Sano 2nd; Sano leads in HRs and Slugging and Onbase % and 4th in BAvg; Rosario is Top 10 in several categories. Move them to AA New Britain NOW!!!! If they perform well at AA, they could start next season for the Twins.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    Good chance they move here soon. It's been discussed here a ton. Likey after the league's All-Star game and the new draft picks start signing.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 56 Times in 42 Posts
    Will Albers get a chance to pitch for the Twins this season?

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 309 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I highly doubt that Sano, Rosario, and Vargas start next year in Minnesota. I suspect all move up to AA after the all star game and will finish the season there with Rochester being their starting destination (assuming they perform well this year) for the 2014 season. All will likely find themselves in Minnesota for a cup of coffee at one point and will be sent down with things to work on unless they absolutely rake.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I believe that Sano could start the season as the Twins starting 3B. Rosario would be close. I believe in Vargas. Ranked him 8th in my top 50... but he'll take a little longer.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Why not bring up Albers while he is hot?

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Albers is going to find himself a spot with the Twins by next year. If not starting, he will be the long reliever as Swarzak gets to arbitration next year (1 million???). There is a good case to be made for Albers moving up to the Twins rotation pretty soon though. Correia, Diamond, and Deduno may be all safe right now. Pelfrey and Walters? Not so much. I would be pleased with Gibson and Albers coming up pronto.

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 772 Times in 423 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone have a report on Albers' stuff?