Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Tom Powers article on CR/Buxton

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Blog Entries

Tom Powers article on CR/Buxton

The Pioneer-Press' Tom Powers was in Cedar Rapids this past week and posted the article available at the below link.

"The consensus here is that he will be promoted to advanced Class A Fort Myers after the All-Star break. Paul Molitor is in town, helping him to work on getting a better lead off of first base. Various Twins instructors routinely pop in to offer advice. But Buxton can work on that stuff at the next level, too. Right now he needs to face better pitching."

Byron Buxton's first pro season, and Twins' first in Iowa, has the attention of Cedar Rapids - TwinCities.com

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Banned Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've seen Buxton twice now. He reminds me of a YOUNG barry bonds. The great thing is everything you read leads a person to believe that he isn't narcissistic or hard to be around like bonds is was and always will be. I think the Twins have someone SUPER special in Buxton.

Banned Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Watching him play is freaking amazing! Athletically he's on his own level. Kind of like the RG3 of baseball. Just unbelievable. If he continues to progress he'll be the best baseball player in the world in about 4-5 years. IMO