Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

Senior Member Big-Leaguer 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 60 Times in 27 Posts
    Good notes. For what it's worth, this:

Alex Meyer isn't ready to be promoted. Yes, there are many, many more positives than negatives. One big positive is that he's second in the Eastern League in strikeouts, with 73. That's why we traded a good player, Denard Span, for him. But if I'm a member of the Twins' front office, I need to see more consistency from Meyer. By comparison to Darnell's seven quality starts in his past ten, Meyer has four.
    doesn't bother me much. When we got him, he had never pitched above single-A, and while we all knew the talent was there, I think we realized that he was still a project. I don't really see a major league promotion until late next year at the earliest. He's too important to the future to rush him, and frankly I'm not sure that the relative difference between AA and AAA is going to make too much of a difference at this point either.

Yeah, no objections to holding Meyer back. He's one of those guys who will dominate once his control and knowledge of the game improve. But he's not there yet.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 217 Times in 149 Posts
    If you meant to put black font on teh blue background, it is really hard to read......

I agree on Meyer, he's not ready yet.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 344 Times in 229 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    If you meant to put black font on teh blue background, it is really hard to read......

I agree on Meyer, he's not ready yet.
    I'm not sure how much of his alleged struggles might be related to the shoulder soreness.

He has things to work on with his mechanics, nothing new there, but he does lead the Eastern League in K/9, 2nd in Ks overall and 2nd in FIP. For a first year AA player, I'd say he is doing near-phenominally well. Provided he's fully healthy, he should be close to ready to be further challenged at AAA.