Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nsa

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 346 Times in 197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    We've come to the day where telling the truth is equivalent to treason.
    Exactly. It seems to me that revealing programs exist and their general framework isn't giving away national secrets. Out of one side of their mouth the government is saying "oh yeah, we've been totally transparent!" and out of the other they are indicting this guy for giving away secrets.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post

Back to the topic at hand though, if what Snowden is saying is true, he should not be prosecuted. It won't happen though. We've come to the day where telling the truth is equivalent to treason.
    He did commit a crime, I don't think there's any getting around that. That crime was specifically against the people with the power to charge and prosucute. He's as done as Aaron Hernandez. The sad thing is his crime was letting people know what should have been clear to begin with. The problem is Obama is very aware that most Americans are to stupid to know when they are being lied to.

What lie they won't use and what power they won't abuse I don't know. The key question that needs to be asked is will judge Roberts be willing to out Obama for blackmailing him on his Health Care ruling, because there is no question that is what happened.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecgrimes View Post
    What lie they won't use and what power they won't abuse I don't know. The key question that needs to be asked is will judge Roberts be willing to out Obama for blackmailing him on his Health Care ruling, because there is no question that is what happened.
    No question.

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 346 Times in 197 Posts
    I for one find Glenn Beck a source of the highest esteem. He says it...and it MUST be true.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked at all if something like Prism was used for political gain. That is one of many dangers I see with it.

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 316 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I've loudly proclaimed for years that if meaningful campaign reform were to happen, 75% of our problems would be fixed within two election cycles. I still believe that to be the case. Remove the money, remove duplicitous incentive to screw the American public.

The problem is that no one in charge has any incentive to cut off their own personal cash cow. This idea has to come from the bottom up and I don't see it happening. We're just too damned dumb.
    This is true... I also think that people actually realized that voting for the lesser of two evils always gets you evil, that they might start voting for a decent candidate regardless of party. It wouldn't take very long for things to change.

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 316 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecgrimes View Post
    He did commit a crime, I don't think there's any getting around that. That crime was specifically against the people with the power to charge and prosucute. He's as done as Aaron Hernandez. The sad thing is his crime was letting people know what should have been clear to begin with. The problem is Obama is very aware that most Americans are to stupid to know when they are being lied to.

No, let's get it straight. The government was the one breaking the law. Snowden may have committed a crime in the sense that he leaked classified information, but he was not the one actually breaking the law here. The NSA was. He does have "official channels" to use, but as other whistle blowers have found out over time, that's nothing more than a means for the government to retaliate against the whistleblowers.

What he did needed to be done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12