Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Wild off-season

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wild off-season

Wild reached a agreement with Keith Ballard 2 years $3 million total and Cullen won't be returning according to Russo.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 668 Times in 377 Posts
    Really like the Ballard signing. I hope they find a way to keep Cullen....his line was often the best one.

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Fletcher already told Cullen they wouldn't be able to resign him. It's too bad since he's still a great player. Looks like he might be going to Nashville.

I like all the other moves so far as well. I think the Clutterbuck trade will pay off even though I hate seeing Cal leave.

Ohh and PMB to the Islanders. No real loss there. He was never the same player after the concussions.
    I bent my wookie...

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
    WPG sends 2nd round pick in 2014 to MIN for Devin Setoguchi.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wild sign Matt Cooke to a three-year deal. 2.5 million a year.
    Last edited by Jason; 07-05-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Wild sign Matt Cooke to a three-year deal. 2.5 million a year.
    Ugh, I hate that. You have to replace Seto with scoring. Torrey Mitchell already does what Cooke does better and cheaper.

I chewed on this a bit more......I HATE this move. Give that 2.5 plus a bit more and sign Stalberg or anyone but this cheap shooting schmuck.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Already hated the Ballard move and now Matt Cooke. Looks like I can go without cable until the start of baseball season/NHL playoffs. Get the NHL package through the internet and head up to St Cloud every other weekend for Husky hockey. Screw the Wild. Only thing I will miss is my chance to watch Don Lucia finish 4th in the Big Ten.

Have to be disappointed with the off season. They're not better by any means. Ish. Another year of ****ty pro hockey in Minnesota.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Go through Jason Zucker's highlight reel and you have enough reason to watch next year. I don't love the Cooke move, but we'll still have a great top line and lots of depth to play around with.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Have to be disappointed with the off season. They're not better by any means. Ish. Another year of ****ty pro hockey in Minnesota.
    Look at Mikko Koivu's production from year 1 to year 2. If 2 out of Coyle Brodin Zucker and Granlund make that jump they are much better. Between Parise Suter and Koivu you are pretty close to a great team. If nothing goes crazy injury wise this should be a 4 or 5 seed. Cooke is a good move if he avoids suspensions and can still play that pathetic dirty style that has no place in this league.

Between Cullen Clutterbuck Gilbert and Seteguchi we didn't lose a heck of a lot.

I'm excited about Zucker and it's nice to have another skilled power forward...but I am very worried about our depth at center ice.