Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game 4 - 4/9/12 - Twins vs Angels - HOME OPENER

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 157 Times in 78 Posts
    You know, for as rough as this stretch has been the starting pitching today and yesterday has been pretty good. Even Pavano kept things relatively close. The defense and the absent offense has really made these first handful of games hard to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_Waved_At_Me View Post
    You know, for as rough as this stretch has been the starting pitching today and yesterday has been pretty good. Even Pavano kept things relatively close. The defense and the absent offense has really made these first handful of games hard to watch.
    Starting pitching has been Ok, ERA aside. Defense has been terrible, as has the bullpen.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    Lets look at the bright side. No one in the Twins Organization has pledged their support to Fidel Castro.

Quote Originally Posted by Highabove View Post
    Lets look at the bright side. No one in the Twins Organization has pledged their support to Fidel Castro.
    Ha, is there a Dutch dictator that Bert can pledge allegiance to?

Liked 3,014 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    ... I also would have benched Doumit for the game for failing to move Willingham over to 3rd base with no outs in the 8th inning yesterday. ...
    Count me among fans who hope and pray that:

a) Down 2 in the 8th, Doumit's goal wasn't to move one runner up one base at the expense of an out, and

b) Nobody, and I mean NObody on the Twins, including the manager, was thinking the goal of Doumit's PA was to advance 1 base runner one base, at the expense of an out.

Also, you can count me among the fans who feel that way regardless of what drivel DickBert spew.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    Capps is coming on!!!!!!!

Liked 1,190 Times in 694 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Highabove View Post
    Bright side 2: Tomorrow is an off-day.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    Capps will not be a problem this year.

He will pitch as he did in 2010.

If he gets a chance to save a game

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    well, on the bright side..... A Ball 3B prospect Miguel Sano went 2-3 , with 2 BB's and 2 HRS !!!

he now has 3 hits and 3 Hr's to start the year, tallying 9 RBI's. !!!

YAE
    Top Twins prospects ? 1.Byron Buxton (OF-A+)
    2.Miguel Sano (3B-AA) 3.Alex Meyer (SP-AA) 4. Kohl Stewart (SP-RK) 5. Nick Gordon (SS-RK) 6. J.O. Berrios (P-A) 7. Josmil Pinto (C-AAA) 8. Eddie Rosario (2B-AA) 9. L. Thorpe (SP-RK) 10. Travis Harrison (3B-A) 11.Kennys Vargas (1B-A+) 12. Trevor May (SP-AA) 13. Jorge Polanco (2B-A) 14. Max Kepler (OF-A) 15. Miguel Sulbaran (SP-A) Just Missed:P Zach Jones, SS Aderlin Mejia, P Stephen Gonsalves, C Stuart Turner.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I figured this would be a tough season to watch, but the lack of offense by the Twins makes their games unwatchable. I cannot imagine anyone thought the pitching would be very good this year, although I thought the defense would be better... not looking good. Off of the subject - Unbalanced Ballparks are awful, whether it be band boxes or expansive ballparks that drop a pitchers ERA by 2 runs. Target Field is a Smoking Hot Woman/Man with a very unattractive and intolerable personality. Usually a ball club will build their park around their star players. The Twins on the other hand built Target Field to Handcuff them and render their strengths unusable.

Bottom of the 6th, Twins down 2-1. Mauer, Morneau, Willingham due up. 3 up, 3 down. Top of the 7th, Angels score 3 to ice it. Blackburn did all he could to keep us in this one and the big bats did not deliver when it counted. Meanwhile Wilson steps up his game to records the big outs. There, in a nutshell, is the difference between a winning team and losing one. Big bats are going to have to find a way when their starter gives them 6 solid innings.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 157 Times in 78 Posts
    Good news, everyone! The Twins can't possibly lose another game today. Tomorrow is harder to call, but enjoy the day free of frustration and gnashing of teeth!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123