Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 188

Thread: Game Thread: Twins@Yankees 7/12 6:05PM

  1. #1
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,779
    Like
    4,915
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Game Thread: Twins@Yankees 7/12 6:05PM

    Minnesota: SP Scott "Screech" Diamond

    2B Dozier
    RF Parmelee
    C Mauer
    1B Morneau
    DH Doumit
    3B Plouffe
    LF Arcia
    CF Hicks
    SS Florimon

    New York: SP Hiroki "Pick a Nick Name" Kuroda

    CF Gardner
    RF Suzuki
    2B Cano
    DH Wells
    LF Almonte
    1B Overbay
    SS Nunez
    3B Cruz
    C Stewart

    The Twins have lost 11 out of 12... Big Deal... I need new Windows in my house and I've been losing money on my heating and cooling bills as a result for years. That losing streak makes the Twins current streak look like a walk in the park.

    The Twins have plenty of left handed hitters to take a shot at the short RF porch and a right hander on the mound. Of course... Not striking out in double digits will help a bunch. Diamond the ports idea wil toe the rubber for the Twins.
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 07-12-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  2. #2
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,681
    Like
    2,655
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Diamond the ports idea wil toe the rubber for the Twins.
    The idea being, we're switching from Margaritas to Ports? Sure, it's after dinner.

  3. #3
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,779
    Like
    4,915
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    The idea being, we're switching from Margaritas to Ports? Sure, it's after dinner.
    I love Auto Correct... I'm not gonna correct the auto correct. The randomness of port sider becoming many things is interesting.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  4. #4
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,681
    Like
    2,655
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Yes, yes, the auto-correct feature always explains why I zlkjnadsjlkfnasdfuyb.

  5. #5
    Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Posts
    4,089
    Like
    1,822
    Liked 1,297 Times in 523 Posts
    So, what are the chances they actually win one of these games?
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

  6. #6
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    The Twins have lost 11 out of 12... Big Deal... I need new Windows in my house and I've been losing money on my heating and cooling bills as a result for years. That losing streak makes the Twins current streak look like a walk in the park.
    Maybe if you made a financial commitment to the product you would see a better return. Or... is that trolling?

  7. #7
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,681
    Like
    2,655
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoPilgrim View Post
    Maybe if you made a financial commitment to the product you would see a better return. Or... is that trolling?
    Don't blame the front office (wife); the manager clearly left the SW (starting windows) in too long.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Triple-A VATwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    228
    Like
    0
    Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
    I can't wait to see how this series turns out.

    (mild case of sarcasm)

  9. #9
    Senior Member All-Star James's Avatar
    Posts
    1,283
    Like
    299
    Liked 143 Times in 90 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    So, what are the chances they actually win one of these games?
    I tried to calculate the odds. Unfortunately, my excel spreadsheet just returned a value of "James, You're going to want to have a drink before this number is displayed."
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

  10. #10
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,681
    Like
    2,655
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I tried to calculate the odds. Unfortunately, my excel spreadsheet just returned a value of "James, You're going to want to have a drink before this number is displayed."
    Nothing about "heat death of the universe" was mentioned? Lucky.

  11. #11
    Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Posts
    1,310
    Like
    83
    Liked 344 Times in 168 Posts
    Are we behind yet?
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

  12. #12
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,681
    Like
    2,655
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Only by three laps. Plenty of time to catch up.

  13. #13
    Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Posts
    1,310
    Like
    83
    Liked 344 Times in 168 Posts
    Hoping to see some productive outs tonight! Baby steps.
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

  14. #14
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,588
    Like
    199
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    33
    Actually, I like the lineup. Packed with LH bats, perhaps someone will find the short porch in RF, maybe a few someones.

  15. #15
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,779
    Like
    4,915
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Hoping to see some productive outs tonight! Baby steps.
    I will settle for contact... If we F6 27 Times tonight. I will consider it good.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  16. #16
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,681
    Like
    2,655
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    If we F6 27 Times tonight. I will consider it good.
    At a certain level I don't care how the 27 outs come about, so long as we have about 16 additional plate appearances (and only a couple LOB).

    Let me amend that. My main hope is that the opponents tonight make 27 outs of their own. I will consider that good.
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 07-12-2013 at 05:13 PM.

  17. #17
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Hoping to see some productive outs tonight! Baby steps.
    Yes, but you really should clarify by which team...

  18. #18
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,778
    Like
    890
    Liked 864 Times in 555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Actually, I like the lineup. Packed with LH bats, perhaps someone will find the short porch in RF, maybe a few someones.
    Exactly what I was thinking, I especially like Parmelee in the 2-hole in front of Mauer, Parm has an excellent chance to go deep tonight.

  19. #19
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,790
    Like
    237
    Liked 491 Times in 236 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    At a certain level I don't care how the 27 outs come about, so long as we have about 16 additional plate appearances (and only a couple LOB).

    Let me amend that. My main hope is that the opponents tonight make 27 outs of their own. I will consider that good.
    The Yanks get a lead off homer in the bottom of the tenth?
    Chris Hermann solves everything. hat tip to jokin

  20. #20
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,658
    Like
    319
    Liked 513 Times in 203 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    I was meditating and had a vision of some things that will transpire in tonight's game.

    Although this vision was somewhat hazy, the certainty I took from this vision was that two players of Japanese descent will lead their team to victory.

    This vision did not indicate if it was the Twins or Yankees who would win.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.