Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Reports (7/22): Monday in the Minors

Honest question: What does Adam Walker have to do to get promoted?

Quote Originally Posted by cjhawk View Post
    Honest question: What does Adam Walker have to do to get promoted?
    I'm not sure what his weaknesses are and where he is in his development, but I think that a consideration when a guy needs work yet is what it does to the affiliate. Yeah, you could promote him, but he needs to work on a few things, and he's a big part of the team in Cedar Rapids. They have fans, too.

Now, of course, that consideration won't come into play when there's room for promotion, and there's nothing left to accomplish at the current level. But if the Twins are somewhat on the fence, I think it plays a part. I'm sure they've spoken with ABW about what he needs to do, so maybe Seth needs to make a call to the man himself.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Danny Ortiz continues to be overlooked as a prospect, but he was very good in this game.
    ----------------------------

I like what Ortiz can do since he carries a good mix of tools, but his inability to draw walks is a huge drawback. His OPS hasn't ventured far above .750 in any of his pro seasons and that's mainly because his career OBP has consistently sat around .305. I think he could be a decent corner outfielder if he could improve his patience, but that is VERY hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by twinstalker View Post
    I'm not sure what his weaknesses are and where he is in his development, but I think that a consideration when a guy needs work yet is what it does to the affiliate. Yeah, you could promote him, but he needs to work on a few things, and he's a big part of the team in Cedar Rapids. They have fans, too.

Now, of course, that consideration won't come into play when there's room for promotion, and there's nothing left to accomplish at the current level. But if the Twins are somewhat on the fence, I think it plays a part. I'm sure they've spoken with ABW about what he needs to do, so maybe Seth needs to make a call to the man himself.
    That's an understandable and logical explanation. My followup thoughts/question would be the "room for promotion" part? Who is really blocking him at A+ in Fort Meyers? I've only this year really started getting into the lower levels of minor league baseball (99% thanks to this site).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12