Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins@Mariners 7/27 3:10PM

Glad to have the run, but I swear that we are striking out to end the inning with RISP about 80% of the time.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 324 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    A quick check of GF Int'l shows 5 departures today, 3 airlines, to 4 destinations.

There's about 20 departures from Rochester today, 7 airlines, to most major hubs east of the Mississippi.

Edit: 60 departures, not 20.
    You left out Fargo International?

Senior Member MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Las Vegas is struggling with over a million in the same geographic range.

I'd love to see minor league ball up here but it would have to be A ball and Fargo/Moorhead has the better population base.

AAA markets can draw 10,000 a game. The Redhawks in Fargo draw 3,000... Plus you have to consider corporate sponsorships. Motivated Owners and The building of a stadium that generates income.

Hillsboro wouldn't be able to support that.
    "Geographic range?" I didn't know Fargo/Forks winters resembled Vegas. I'm calling my travel agent ASAP and getting my Xmax in Vegas rebooked!

Liked 1,031 Times in 468 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Fargo is not a real city. Fargo is a movie.

Super Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Liked 767 Times in 480 Posts
    Can't any of you cheapskates pony up for MLB.TV?
    Um, MLB.TV is blacked out, too. When it's controlled by Fox, you don't see it anywhere, unless Fox chooses to broadcast it in your area.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 63 Times in 30 Posts
    Dozierzie goes deep.
    There isn't enough defense on the planet to justify giving 500+ PA to a guy who can barely OPS .600.

I'm glad you brought that up. I have worked on projects throughout ND, a nicer and more industrious citizenry I have yet to meet.

I have a question I have always been meaning to ask you: Given your state's new found Oil-based prosperity and the muscle-flexing that comes with that boom wealth, what are the chances that the Twins could partner with the State of ND, Fargo and Grand Forks, purchase a sickly franchise like the Las Vegas 51's and move it to your state? Much closer to the mother-franchise and a natural fan-fit. Put a new stadium on the Interstate between your towns, and you could call them the Fargo-Grand Forks 39's. Or resurrect the Fighting Sioux nickname...

The demographics for the 2 metro areas combined is close to 275,000, so it seems within the realm of financial possibility.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.
    That's my area. F/M could probably support A or AA and draw more attendance than at Red Hawks games in the Northern League. Red hawks games are fun, but rather uninteresting as they are not in the Twins farm system. Get a team in the farm system and Fargo would give it a good home. Considering how many guys the Twins have that go up and down to AAA, FM might even be able to do that better than Rochester.

Grand Forks is a godforsaken place that can't support much of anything. I lived there. Ugh...

Liked 659 Times in 426 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NC-Twins View Post
    That's my area. F/M could probably support A or AA and draw more attendance than at Red Hawks games in the Northern League. Red hawks games are fun, but rather uninteresting as they are not in the Twins farm system. Get a team in the farm system and Fargo would give it a good home. Considering how many guys the Twins have that go up and down to AAA, FM might even be able to do that better than Rochester.

Grand Forks is a godforsaken place that can't support much of anything. I lived there. Ugh...
    LOL... Get a hockey team would ya!!!
    "9. Lipstick"

"How can Canada produce Tie Domi and not have a better military"?

"I noticed while robbing the First State Bank last night that if you go into the vault when nobody is looking... You can get away with it".

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 63 Times in 30 Posts
    Old Justin pays a visit.
    There isn't enough defense on the planet to justify giving 500+ PA to a guy who can barely OPS .600.

Blog Entries
    Dozier with a dinger... In my mind... I imagine it was quite nice.
    "9. Lipstick"

"I noticed while robbing the First State Bank last night that if you go into the vault when nobody is looking... You can get away with it".

Blog Entries
    Repeat that... Take out Dozier and insert Morneau.
    "9. Lipstick"

Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Fargo is not a real city. Fargo is a movie.
    Fargo rules. Broadway revitalized, good medical care, fun people who are very active in the summer, three good colleges...

Clean air and good river fishing...

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Twins View Post
    Fargo rules. Broadway revitalized, good medical care, fun people who are very active in the summer, three good colleges...

Clean air and good river fishing...
    Blah, but it's still Fargo, in the middle of frikken nowhere. And it's really cold there in the winter.

Senior Member MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Um, MLB.TV is blacked out, too. When it's controlled by Fox, you don't see it anywhere, unless Fox chooses to broadcast it in your area.
    I guess I'm very privileged today. This is a quite enjoyable viewing experience, I must say...lonelier than I first assumed... but quite enjoyable.

I'll say this much ... ain't paying for MLB.TV next year. It's crappy.

Senior Member MVP
    Blog Entries
    They were both even better on MLB.

That would be Hector International.

LOL... Get a hockey team would ya!!!
    People in Fargo are generally smart enough to realize that hockey sucks. However, Fargo definitely should get a hockey team downtown. There's plenty of buildings they could take down still and people have nothing better to do with their money in the winter other than buy a pizza and a six-pack of beer every Sunday to watch the Vikes underachieve.

Senior Member MVP
    Blog Entries
    I'll say this much ... ain't paying for MLB.TV next year. It's crappy.
    I am enjoying these Mariner radio announcers and the camera work is first rate. Very professional and still have some fun without going over the top.

Blah, but it's still Fargo, in the middle of frikken nowhere. And it's really cold there in the winter.
    The problem isn't that it's cold. The problem is that it's windy. We like being in the middle of nowhere. Keeps the riff-raff out.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast