Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/28): A Good Day In The System

Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/28): A Good Day In The System

Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

How quickly is Madison Boer going to move if he stays in the bullpen? Is he staying there for good now?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 30 Times in 24 Posts
    Nice to see Melotakis is pitching well!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 364 Times in 192 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave View Post
    How quickly is Madison Boer going to move if he stays in the bullpen? Is he staying there for good now?
    It kind of depends on him at this point. He's missed some time for reasons one shouldn't miss time, and that hurts. I've been told that his stuff isn't all that impressive. Low-90s FB with little movement. That said, as he gets it back and if he (hopefully) stays in the bullpen, he could move fairly quickly if he pitches well.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 843 Times in 539 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hey Seth- I see that Wimmers pitched well today in 4 innings of work at GCL. Do you have a read on the Twins plan for him for the rest of 2013? Could he be a candidate for the Gibson program from last year (AFL in the fall)?

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 563 Times in 368 Posts
    I'm not Seth, but I bet they go AFL with him if he's healthy. It makes sense. The one reason it might not be the same as Gibson is that Wimmers never made it that far in the minors before the injury.
    Lighten up Francis....

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 364 Times in 192 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Agreed, but the plan as far as pitching and such will likely be the same. Their timelines for this rehab have been pretty close (one year later). So, I think he will use up his 20/30 days of rehab with the GCL team, and then get "sent" to Ft. Myers. If he does well, he could end in New Britain (who he made one start for at the beginning of last season). I definitely think that the AFL is a possibility if all goes well, and he should be added to the 40 man roster after that.