Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 121 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/30): Sano Celebrates Victory

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How much does New Britain not making the playoffs play into a possible Sano September call up? Assuming he is playing well.

Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
    Gotta be happy with Trevor May this season. His FIP is 3.86. He'll probably always have a bit of wildness, though.

What is the latest on Alex Meyer?

Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
    Answered my own question, he'll throw his first bullpen session late this week.
    Minnesota Twins' Alex Meyer scheduled to throw this week - TwinCities.com

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    I don't think Sano comes up in September, regardless of how NB finishes. I wonder if the Twins would consider exposing Sano to AAA for the stretch and playoffs. They moved Angel Morales from low-A to NB for the playoffs a few years ago.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 103 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raindog View Post
    Gotta be happy with Trevor May this season. His FIP is 3.86. He'll probably always have a bit of wildness, though.

What is the latest on Alex Meyer?
    I have been pretty happy with May. If you follow his pitching lines closely he has thrown really well but seems to always have one bad inning (usually caused by a spike in walks). I could see him being an Edward Jackson type pitcher.

Liked 141 Times in 88 Posts
    I don't think Sano comes up in September, regardless of how NB finishes. I wonder if the Twins would consider exposing Sano to AAA for the stretch and playoffs. They moved Angel Morales from low-A to NB for the playoffs a few years ago.
    I was thinking the same thing. I think with the 40-man roster decisions they already have to make, I have a hard time believing that the Twins would really want to expose someone and start Sano's service time, just to see him be overmatched in the MLB for a month or so.

It would be very interesting to see him in AAA for the Red Wings playoff push though. I would have to think that Rosario might be in a very similar situation.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsyam921 View Post
    How much does New Britain not making the playoffs play into a possible Sano September call up? Assuming he is playing well.

Very, very minimally.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That was because a coupel of the Rock Cats left the team right before the playoffs started to play in the World Cup (I think Tosoni, Van Mil, etc.).

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    That was because a coupel of the Rock Cats left the team right before the playoffs started to play in the World Cup (I think Tosoni, Van Mil, etc.).
    Yeah, you're right about that. Sometimes I forgot those "minor" details.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb0252 View Post
    I have been pretty happy with May. If you follow his pitching lines closely he has thrown really well but seems to always have one bad inning (usually caused by a spike in walks). I could see him being an Edward Jackson type pitcher.
    Everytime I think about May or see his pitching lines, I think of A.J. Burnett. I think Jackson is also a good comp. He's a guy who gets you excited about his stuff, will have a few dominant performances along with some that drive you crazy because of the lack of control. Hopefully the Twins are able to see that his 'consistency' is likely to always be inconsistent, but at the end of the year he'll probably have some pretty respectable overall numbers. It seems there is a lot of value to be had with that, especially if he can provide a substantial innings total every season.

Edit: It would also be nice to see May get a September call up for a taste of big league action, since he's already on the 40-man. Or at the very least, a promotion to AAA. I think he's spent enough time at AA.
    Last edited by Pitz; 07-31-2013 at 04:10 PM.