Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

Thread: Game Thread: Astros@Twins 8/4 1:10PM

  1. #21
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,750
    Like
    4,821
    Liked 2,283 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Nice play by Dozier... That ain't easy.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  2. #22
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,750
    Like
    4,821
    Liked 2,283 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Grossman... Ain't a good last name either!
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  3. #23
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,750
    Like
    4,821
    Liked 2,283 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Houston Astros Play By Play team:

    Robert Ford: On the mound today... That guy named Peacock
    Steve Sparks: Pea Cock... That is Gross Man
    Ford: No... Grossman is in left field today. Peacock is pitching.
    Sparks: Thats Right...
    Ford: No Wesley Wright is in the bullpen.
    Sparks: I quit
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  4. #24
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    739
    Like
    56
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Posted this on yesterday's GDT, but not til late this morning, so here it is again"
    Being one of the few, if not the only not gushing over Gibson being ready, I'm not surprised at all by his outing. However, he is getting ML experience which was going to happen sooner or later. He's a smart young man, maybe to smart for his own good, and hopefully won't over think this whole experience. Slowey? He needs to just pitch and not think, and not announce his object is a 1st pitch strike. They'll be ready to swing, like yesterday.

    The thing that impressed me in this game was the play of Dozier. It's like he's said to the rest, jump on my back, this train is moving forward. Dozier worked hard in the off season to improve his defense and came right out of the shoot showing that it really helped. He's had a great year on defense! His confidence on that side has just leveled off into just an everyday occurance. But, it's allowed and carried over to his offense. He seems much more confident in the box now and the results are showing. Dozier is surely one of the most positives of this dismal season. It looks as if he's really turned a corner, and I am impressed and thrilled!

    Meanwhile, Morneau is close to a multi homer game.

  5. #25
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,750
    Like
    4,821
    Liked 2,283 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    Posted this on yesterday's GDT, but not til late this morning, so here it is again"
    Being one of the few, if not the only not gushing over Gibson being ready, I'm not surprised at all by his outing. However, he is getting ML experience which was going to happen sooner or later. He's a smart young man, maybe to smart for his own good, and hopefully won't over think this whole experience. Slowey? He needs to just pitch and not think, and not announce his object is a 1st pitch strike. They'll be ready to swing, like yesterday.

    The thing that impressed me in this game was the play of Dozier. It's like he's said to the rest, jump on my back, this train is moving forward. Dozier worked hard in the off season to improve his defense and came right out of the shoot showing that it really helped. He's had a great year on defense! His confidence on that side has just leveled off into just an everyday occurance. But, it's allowed and carried over to his offense. He seems much more confident in the box now and the results are showing. Dozier is surely one of the most positives of this dismal season. It looks as if he's really turned a corner, and I am impressed and thrilled!

    Meanwhile, Morneau is close to a multi homer game.
    I agree
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  6. #26
    Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Posts
    1,283
    Like
    82
    Liked 330 Times in 161 Posts
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

  7. #27
    Senior Member All-Star Gibby's Avatar
    Posts
    1,901
    Like
    1,145
    Liked 924 Times in 563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    I agree.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Triple-A Thegrin's Avatar
    Posts
    375
    Like
    0
    Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Pelfrey was painful to watch today.

  9. #29
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,750
    Like
    4,821
    Liked 2,283 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    I never or rarely see Plouffe make a play like the one Dominquez just made.

    Lawrie... Arenado... Those guys make em all the time.

    Plouffe... Not so much.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  10. #30
    Senior Member All-Star Gibby's Avatar
    Posts
    1,901
    Like
    1,145
    Liked 924 Times in 563 Posts
    The girl lost to Brazil today. Not unexpected given it was on their home turf. It was frustrating though, because they put themselves in a position to upset, but didn't seal the deal. Now its off to Belgrade Serbia for pool 2.

  11. #31
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,750
    Like
    4,821
    Liked 2,283 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    The girl lost to Brazil today. Not unexpected given it was on their home turf. It was frustrating though, because they put themselves in a position to upset, but didn't seal the deal. Now its off to Belgrade Serbia for pool 2.
    I assume your daughter has a passport and is used to airports by now.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  12. #32
    Senior Member All-Star Gibby's Avatar
    Posts
    1,901
    Like
    1,145
    Liked 924 Times in 563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I assume your daughter has a passport and is used to airports by now.
    She had been around the world twice before she got comfortable with it.

  13. #33
    Senior Member All-Star Gibby's Avatar
    Posts
    1,901
    Like
    1,145
    Liked 924 Times in 563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    She had been around the world twice before she got comfortable with it.
    Its kinda cool, they circle the globe in this tournament. I think I'm going to go to Japan to catch the finals. If they win it will be a record 4 consecutive gold medals in the World Gran Prix.

  14. #34
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,750
    Like
    4,821
    Liked 2,283 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Its kinda cool, they circle the globe in this tournament. I think I'm going to go to Japan to catch the finals. If they win it will be a record 4 consecutive gold medals in the World Gran Prix.
    I assume... You have a passport and are used to airports by now.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  15. #35
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,750
    Like
    4,821
    Liked 2,283 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I assume... You have a passport and are used to airports by now.
    Whats the most beautiful location you've seen?
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  16. #36
    Senior Member All-Star Gibby's Avatar
    Posts
    1,901
    Like
    1,145
    Liked 924 Times in 563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I assume... You have a passport and are used to airports by now.
    Yeah, I'm good. I get hassled once in a while though, because I weighed about 255 and had a full beard in my passport pic. Now I'm 195 and clean shaven.

  17. #37
    Senior Member All-Star Gibby's Avatar
    Posts
    1,901
    Like
    1,145
    Liked 924 Times in 563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Whats the most beautiful location you've seen?
    Somewhere in Asia I suppose. Thailand was beautiful, but Japan is my favorite country to visit.

  18. #38
    Senior Member All-Star Gibby's Avatar
    Posts
    1,901
    Like
    1,145
    Liked 924 Times in 563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Somewhere in Asia I suppose. Thailand was beautiful, but Japan is my favorite country to visit.
    Rome was pretty fricking cool too.

  19. #39
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,750
    Like
    4,821
    Liked 2,283 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Yeah, I'm good. I get hassled once in a while though, because I weighed about 255 and had a full beard in my passport pic. Now I'm 195 and clean shaven.
    I don't have that problem... I just look harmless.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  20. #40
    I haven't done any research on this Peacock guy, but judging by today's outing, he's gotta be a front-runner for the Cy Young this year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.