St Lucie vs Fort Myers 5:35 PM
    Danville vs Elizabethton 6:05 PM
    ELZ: Robb (1-4, 2.87)

DSL Orioles1 vs DSL Twins
    GCL Orioles vs GCL Twins

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 339 Times in 225 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Meyer with a less eventful 3 innings of rehab shutout ball- 2H, 2K, 2BB. It would be really nice, but probably too optimistic, that he gets the medical "all clear" to start next Monday night for New Britain on FSN.

Senior Member All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 68 Posts
    Sano with his 30th homerun of the season.

I admit I wasn't sure Sano should get a September call-up, but at this point, why not? He's been tearing AA pitching apart the last month or so. At this rate, he's going to be on the MLB team next year. Why not give him his cup of tea in September, wait for his super 2 status to pass next year and then call him up for good in June. Unless Plouffe starts tearing it up, there isn't really any reason to keep Sano down. He's going to strike out a ton, might as well let him start adjusting to major league pitching in September and give him something to work on during the offseason.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsbars08 View Post
    I admit I wasn't sure Sano should get a September call-up, but at this point, why not? He's been tearing AA pitching apart the last month or so. At this rate, he's going to be on the MLB team next year. Why not give him his cup of tea in September, wait for his super 2 status to pass next year and then call him up for good in June. Unless Plouffe starts tearing it up, there isn't really any reason to keep Sano down. He's going to strike out a ton, might as well let him start adjusting to major league pitching in September and give him something to work on during the offseason.
    I think the same way, lets see him try his thing against the pros, but sadly I don't believe the Twins will try that. The have only done that (Bring someone from AA to the show) with three players as of late. One was a disaster (Joe Benson), another one has not worked well at all (Hicks) but is still a possibility, and the last one (Parmelee) is still back and forth two years later. With that track record they will be too scared I think.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AROG View Post
    I think the same way, lets see him try his thing against the pros, but sadly I don't believe the Twins will try that. The have only done that (Bring someone from AA to the show) with three players as of late. One was a disaster (Joe Benson), another one has not worked well at all (Hicks) but is still a possibility, and the last one (Parmelee) is still back and forth two years later. With that track record they will be too scared I think.
    I don't really disagree with you, but with Sano and Buxton I wouldn't be surprised if the Twins take a unique approach. They have both been handled very well as far as I can see, and I won't be surprised to see Sano get play-off experience in Rochester or time at Target Field.

I'm starting to think the Twins maybe a bit ahead of their rebuild schedule with position players and they may just turn those two loose. I consider the Hicks experiment a success.

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 343 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howieramone View Post
    I consider the Hicks experiment a success.
    I would very much like to see this elaborated on. Note: this is stating nothing about his future, only the current state of the experiment.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 339 Times in 225 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I would very much like to see this elaborated on. Note: this is stating nothing about his future, only the current state of the experiment.
    is it because he has a better Batting Slash on the Twins than he has since he's been sent back to AAA?
    Last edited by jokin; 08-13-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Buxton goes 3 for 4 with 2 rbi's.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Buxton back at 300 after his 2nd straight 3 hit game (6 for 9). 390 the last 10 games with 8 runs and 5 steals.
    Last edited by Ncgo4; 08-14-2013 at 05:22 AM.