Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (8/13): Twins Acquire Miguel Sulbaran

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    If he's #13 in the Twins system but #14 in the Dodgers, I guess it means the Dodgers farm is better. Back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    If he's #13 in the Twins system but #14 in the Dodgers, I guess it means the Dodgers farm is better. Back to the drawing board.
    Was the 14 a pre-season ranking? Maybe he'd be top 10 for the Dodgers now.

In any regard, it baffles me that the Dodgers would trade any sort of top 20 prospect for the right to defensively substitute Drew Butera for a month.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 54 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hansob View Post
    Was the 14 a pre-season ranking? Maybe he'd be top 10 for the Dodgers now.

In any regard, it baffles me that the Dodgers would trade any sort of top 20 prospect for the right to defensively substitute Drew Butera for a month.
    No, Mayo did a recent re-ranking of all teams just before the trade.

In any event, I like our system but it is top heavy and after 1-8 or so, it's not all that special anymore. I suspect a lot of teams #15 best prospect would be better than our #15. But nobody has a better 1-2 than us, which matters more.

I think our 10-20 is about where it should be. Outside of the top 10, depending on the list you have a couple of Josmil Pinto, Adam Brett Walker, Jorge Polanco, Kennys Vargas, Niko Goodrum. The MLB.com list is kind of crap. No Walker, Mejia, Tonkin and a few others.

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 309 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    No, Mayo did a recent re-ranking of all teams just before the trade.

In any event, I like our system but it is top heavy and after 1-8 or so, it's not all that special anymore. I suspect a lot of teams #15 best prospect would be better than our #15. But nobody has a better 1-2 than us, which matters more.
    Rosario and Meyer would be #1 prospects for a lot of systems, and most systems aren't special after 8. This is a pretty deep system with tons of raw high upside guys at lower levels as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12