Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Article: Rock Cats Review - Sano, Rosario, May, Rohlfing, Santana

  1. #1
    Junior Member Rookie
    Posts
    5
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Article: Rock Cats Review - Sano, Rosario, May, Rohlfing, Santana


  2. #2
    Senior Member Triple-A goulik's Avatar
    Posts
    298
    Like
    44
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Love the post especially the point of view that makes you feel like your reading a professional scout who happened to bring his family along.

    Any insights on Reynaldo Rodriguez who's put up good HR numbers or Baxendale who has put up decent numbers before the promotion to AA?

    Would love to read about CR prospects especially Kepler, Walker, Goodrum, and Harrison.

  3. #3
    When the Twins expand rosters in September and take a bunch of guys from Rochester, see some movement between Twins minor league teams. All of the above guys MIGHT get called up to Rochester to replace the Escobar, Herrmann/Pinto, Hendriks/Worley et al (although I actually see May getting some innings...give him that taste...he will be finishing year two on the 40-man roster.)

  4. #4
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,852
    Like
    12
    Liked 71 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosterman View Post
    When the Twins expand rosters in September and take a bunch of guys from Rochester, see some movement between Twins minor league teams. All of the above guys MIGHT get called up to Rochester to replace the Escobar, Herrmann/Pinto, Hendriks/Worley et al (although I actually see May getting some innings...give him that taste...he will be finishing year two on the 40-man roster.)
    It is only year one for May.

    Also, September callups are a little overstated. They will call up a catcher and maybe another guy right away but they usually wait until the AAA season is over until the call up any others.
    Papers...business papers.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Double-A troyhobbs's Avatar
    Posts
    166
    Like
    0
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Anything about the Twins' future is more interesting than the present. I say keep it going.

  6. #6
    Junior Member Rookie
    Posts
    5
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by goulik View Post
    Love the post especially the point of view that makes you feel like your reading a professional scout who happened to bring his family along.

    Any insights on Reynaldo Rodriguez who's put up good HR numbers or Baxendale who has put up decent numbers before the promotion to AA?

    Would love to read about CR prospects especially Kepler, Walker, Goodrum, and Harrison.
    Rodriguez looks the part. Good sized with all or nothing swing. Doesn't make consistent contact with the barrel, but when he does, can hit the ball ok. Strikes out a lot (nearly 25% K rate). Looks a bit stiff at 1B, and seems to have below average range.

    You'd like to hope the HRs could balance the contact and K issues,
    but at 27 with nearly 1000 AB at AA, it would be hard to bet on any significant improvement here.

    Sorry, but I don't have a feeling on Baxendale at the moment (not enough
    data).

  7. #7
    Senior Member Triple-A Thegrin's Avatar
    Posts
    376
    Like
    0
    Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Great report. Thank you.
    Since you've had a chance to see Pinto several times. I'd like to know what you think of him.

  8. #8
    Nice report. A fun read and interesting take. I would enjoy a comparable Kernels report as well. I like these kind of articles on Twins Daily. Much better to read than the endless sniping on the forum section.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    697
    Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Like
    498
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    What did you think about Sano's speed?

  10. #10
    Junior Member Rookie
    Posts
    5
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    What did you think about Sano's speed?
    He's actually both quicker and faster than I expected. I haven't timed him
    to first, but was surprised that he made plays there closer than I would have thought [faster than M&M, Parmalee, Arcia, Cuddy, Colabello,; slower than Hicks, Florimon, Dozier (but not by a whole lot on Dozier)]. Of course, he's so young and hasn't started to put on big-time weight yet (see Miguel Cabrera), so you'd probably expect his quickness to remain but his speed to decrease as he gets older.

  11. #11
    Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,382
    Like
    417
    Liked 813 Times in 513 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    I'd like to have that many intelligent fans sitting around me in a game.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Posts
    512
    Like
    13
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    thanks for the scouting report. I haven't seen any of these guys in person yet. Keep your opinions coming.

  13. #13
    Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Posts
    1,116
    Like
    137
    Liked 198 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    I'd like to have that many intelligent fans sitting around me in a game.
    Yeah, no kidding. I'm sitting in front of the loud, half-soused guy saying "Who the hell is this Dozier kid? Never heard of him."

    Actually, that guy is kind of funny now that I think about it.

  14. #14
    Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,382
    Like
    417
    Liked 813 Times in 513 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by 70charger View Post
    Yeah, no kidding. I'm sitting in front of the loud, half-soused guy saying "Who the hell is this Dozier kid? Never heard of him."

    Actually, that guy is kind of funny now that I think about it.
    I've been to two Indianapolis Indians games for company outings. A couple people are interested when I mention that Nick Castellanos is a pretty big prospect, but for the most part it's "You <explicative> suck Toledo"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.