Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game 8 - Twins vs Rangers - 4/14/12

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They announced that Blackburn's shoulder stiffened up and he's day to day. Mr. Mauer NEEDs to earn his money here....

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Cubs/Cards here in DSM, IA

BTW, I hate MLB's blackout rules. Here in Iowa all six of the midwest teams are blacked out most of the time. I'm surprised Cubs/Cards is on as it would usually be NYY/Angels today here in Iowa. It's a travesty, but don't get me started.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Span has been on fire.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverslugger View Post
    Cubs/Cards here in DSM, IA

BTW, I hate MLB's blackout rules. Here in Iowa all six of the midwest teams are blacked out most of the time. I'm surprised Cubs/Cards is on as it would usually be NYY/Angels today here in Iowa. It's a travesty, but don't get me started.
    You need the MLB channel.

Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I know... Every team wants a piece of Iowa. The blackout rules are upsurd. The way Iowa is carved up... I wouldnt be surprised if the Padres and Marlins we're blacked out.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Didn't understand pinch hitting for Carrol in the first place and doubly so now.

Does Nathan or the Twins Hitters have any advantage by seeing each other for so long? Nathan seems to be relying on the fastball to get ahead and then going to the slider . . .

Oh hello Joe Nathan's 95 MPH Fastball. It's funny meeting like this after all this time.
    AKA: TMW

tough break for Duensing to get a loss in this one - Jeff Gray is the luckiest Twin so far this year.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 135 Times in 95 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A discouraging day for the Twins. They had oodles of chances to score and failed repeatedly, Blackburn leaves with an injury and the bullpen, including Perkins, doesn't look good. Gray couldn't hold off the Rangers in the seventh--I don't know if he has enough stuff to stay in the majors.

Blog Entries
    Blown Chances to Score. (shakes head and lowers it).

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries

Frustrating day

Lots of wasted opportunities in this one. Ugh.

And while I've been a big supporter and defender of Mauer, and I know it's early, the fact that he's had only 1 productive game in the first 8 is bit troubling.

He needs to show up more than once a week if this team is going to have any measure of success this year.

Sometimes I feel when Mauer or Morneau come up to bat, needing a just a hit or quality at bat, like advancing the runner. I don't have much Confidence. Sure they did hit a homerun a couple games ago. But they just are not consistent.

Blog Entries
    Games are won and lost this way. Everybody fails from time to time but the bottom line is... Games are won and lost this way. Driving home Span with a Ground ball to 2b changes the game. 1 run can and does make the difference especially with the slim margin of error of this 25 man roster.

Mauer is not Mauer yet... Hopefully he gets there soon.

These are mistakes that rookies make. Not making these types of mistakes is why Managers and GM's prefer Veterens. Mauer is a well paid Veteran. This is the type of stuff that Gardy will rake someone like Casilla over the coals for. If it happens once... OK... but Mauer is making it an early season habit and it is making the job of the entire team harder especially when you consider that the total of the team is hitting poorly. These chances to score are more important in consideration. Mauer is paid 23 million to come through more often then he doesn't in these types of situations. A ground ball would have gotten the job done.

I'm ranting... It's early yet and I know there is no gaurentee the Twins win any of the ballgames if Mauer comes through each time. It's just that games are won and lost this way.

I just hate holes being dug with these types of shovels especially when you know that Mauer is the best ladder we have to get out of the hole.

Get Hot Mauer and get hot soon so I can quit typing with this attitude. Go Twins!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Sometimes I feel when Mauer or Morneau come up to bat, needing a just a hit or quality at bat, like advancing the runner. I don't have much Confidence. Sure they did hit a homerun a couple games ago. But they just are not consistent.
    Does it feel like they fail almost twice as often as they succeed? Inconsitent like that?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123