Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (8/19): Pitchers Get It Done... AGAIN!

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 121 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (8/19): Pitchers Get It Done... AGAIN!

Maybe time to put Alex Meyer back at AA.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 50 Times in 30 Posts
    Hopefully the added roster spot in NB is for ALex Meyer.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaTwins View Post
    Hopefully the added roster spot in NB is for ALex Meyer.
    I don't think they have a vacancy right now - Pedro Hernandez was added for his start today and new signee Brad Boyer from the Saints was added to the roster.

They'll have to make room for Meyer.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Bummer about Nice-Guy AJ Peterson.
    I was hoping he could play his way to a cup of coffee. But now he is going the wrong way.

Question on Madison Boer. He has been pitching out of CR bullpen and for the most part getting lots of SO. Will he stay as a reliever? When he got drafted they said he had an upper 90's FB with decent offspeed stuff.

Any of the CR reporters seem him pitch in August?
    I'm wondering what how he is throwing.

He'll get a start for Ft. Myers then maybe one for NB. Then the AFL.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post
    Question on Madison Boer. He has been pitching out of CR bullpen and for the most part getting lots of SO. Will he stay as a reliever? When he got drafted they said he had an upper 90's FB with decent offspeed stuff.

Any of the CR reporters seem him pitch in August?
    I'm wondering what how he is throwing.
    CR reporters are probably not the best sources of information concerning Boer's August. We've only seen him on the mound twice this month in Cedar Rapids and those were far from his best outings. He gave up a run on three hits in each home appearance. He's done much better in his five August road appearances.

Boer has generally been a very good addition to the back end of the Kernels' bullpen. He and Brian Gilbert have pretty much replaced Steve Gruver and Tyler Jones after the latter pair got promoted. Boer throws hard and throws strikes. He has not, that I recall, been in the "upper 90s" with his fastball, however. Mid 90s might be fair.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Liked 147 Times in 83 Posts
    That's 18 strikeouts. Today. The Twins have struck out 18 batters the whole month of August. (That's exaggerated... I think.)
    Definitely exaggerated. I don't think they are over 10 yet.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Hendricks gets the call to pitch in Gibson's spot maybe Meyer takes his spot in Rochester??? Doubtful, but it would be nice to see how he would fare in a Rochester playoff run.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post
    Bummer about Nice-Guy AJ Peterson.
    I was hoping he could play his way to a cup of coffee. But now he is going the wrong way.
    I look at it a little differently. He wasn't playing behind Sano, Santana and Rosario... they could have kept him not playing there, or they could send him to Ft. Myers to play a lot of shortstop and help them in the playoffs... They're choosing to have him play. My guess, and it's only that, is that Mientkiewicz wanted him.

Actually, since the ASG the Twins have been playing .500 ball, and it's been the pitching, not hitting (abysmal) that's got them there....