Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 369 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (8/29): And Down the Stretch They Go

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Seth maybe this was already answered elsewhere but I missed it. I saw Randy Rosario was on the DL. Any word on that injury?

Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not critical, since they clinched a playoff spot by finishing 2nd in the first half of the season, but it's worth noting that last night's win clinched first place for the Kernels in the MWL Western Division for the second half. They lead QC by 4.5 games with 4 to play.

It seems like Madison Boer is consistently getting rocked every time I look at these reports. Is this guy just over his head? Also, I have been impressed with the turnaround of Tyler Grimes. He seems to be 'getting it' finally. Every game seems to be two more hits. I'll miss these reports when the season is over...

Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Boer has had a couple of clunkers, but he hasn't been consistently getting rocked at all. On balance, he's been pretty effective since joining the Kernels. Strikeouts running a bit under 1 an inning, about a .250 BAA. Walking less than half the number he's striking out. He's only been making about 1 appearance a week lately, though, and he just wasn't all that sharp last night.

Grimes is hitting .300 since moving to 2B a couple of weeks ago. He's had multi-hit games four times in the past seven games he's played.

Quote Originally Posted by Smcginnity View Post
    It seems like Madison Boer is consistently getting rocked every time I look at these reports. Is this guy just over his head? Also, I have been impressed with the turnaround of Tyler Grimes. He seems to be 'getting it' finally. Every game seems to be two more hits. I'll miss these reports when the season is over...
    Yes, Grimes has been well as of late. Could be benefiting from a number of things..... from the everyday at bats playing infield vs. the rotation of on/off at bats he was getting at the catcher position or maybe not catching at all and not having to deal with the catcher workload on the legs and body....