Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 129

Thread: Game Thread: Blue Jays vs Twins 9/8 1:10PM

  1. #1
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,779
    Like
    4,915
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Game Thread: Blue Jays vs Twins 9/8 1:10PM

    Blue Jays: SP Esmil Rogers


    Twins: SP Andrew Albers

    1. If someone could post the lineups... It would be appreciated... And Things to think about.

    Thank You
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  2. #2
    Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Posts
    1,302
    Like
    83
    Liked 344 Times in 168 Posts
    2. I was thinking about things to think about but then I had thought about them so I have nothing!
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

  3. #3
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,842
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,428
    Liked 1,947 Times in 1,139 Posts
    Blue Jays: SP Esmil Rogers

    SS Reyes
    CF Davis
    3B Lawrie
    DH Lind
    1B DeRosa
    RF Sierra
    C Arencibia
    2B Goins
    LF Pillar


    Twins: SP Andrew Albers

    CF Presley
    C Hermann
    2B Dozier
    LF Arcia
    DH Doumit
    3B Plouffe
    1B Colabello
    RF Thomas
    SS Florimon

    Five things to think about:

    1. I'm blonde. I have nothing. You all will have to supply that. Go!

  4. #4
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,681
    Like
    2,654
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    3. "I tried to think, but nothing happened."
    original.jpg

  5. #5
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,588
    Like
    199
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    3. "I tried to think, but nothing happened."
    original.jpg
    nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

  6. #6
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,651
    Like
    315
    Liked 508 Times in 199 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    4. Think about the shortest game threads in the history of Twins Daily. This could be the fate of this thread if most of the reliable participants have switched their allegiances to the Purple and Gold... and as is to be expected a few of us might be attending a dog birthday party.

  7. #7
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,670
    Like
    945
    Liked 1,310 Times in 706 Posts
    Things to think about,

    1.Andrew Albers first start in a Nationally televised game in Canada, no need for nerves, only people in Saskatchewan and Twins fans know he's from Canada. Canadian press article on TSN referred to him as Matt Albers.

    2. The Blue Jays spent about $50 million more than the Twins for this mess, 10 million more per win......ouch!

    3. Toronto sports fans are unbearable.

    4. Why do they say "feels like" when describing cold weather? Why don't they just say that's how cold it is? When it's hot do they give a sun factor to make it seem hotter?

  8. #8
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,670
    Like
    945
    Liked 1,310 Times in 706 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    4. Think about the shortest game threads in the history of Twins Daily. This could be the fate of this thread if most of the reliable participants have switched their allegiances to the Purple and Gold... and as is to be expected a few of us might be attending a dog birthday party.
    I follow the Gophers so I'm in.......2-0 baby!!

  9. #9
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,842
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,428
    Liked 1,947 Times in 1,139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Things to think about,


    4. Why do they say "feels like" when describing cold weather? Why don't they just say that's how cold it is? When it's hot do they give a sun factor to make it seem hotter?
    Actually, yes, they do give a 'feels like' factor in hot weather; it's called the heat index. In cold weather it's the wind chill. At least whenever I check wunderground, summer or winter, they always give a 'feels like' that is either warmer or colder than the 'actual.'

    Where have you been?

  10. #10
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,681
    Like
    2,654
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    When it's hot do they give a sun factor to make it seem hotter?
    They should. I was hiking up at 10,750 feet yesterday, and though the temperature couldn't have been more than 65 I was burning up.

  11. #11
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,842
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,428
    Liked 1,947 Times in 1,139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    4. Think about the shortest game threads in the history of Twins Daily. This could be the fate of this thread if most of the reliable participants have switched their allegiances to the Purple and Gold... and as is to be expected a few of us might be attending a dog birthday party.
    I'm not really a football fan. And even less so when the Bears play a home game as I live very near Soldier Field and getting around is impossible with all the drunken idiots out painted orange and blue.

  12. #12
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,842
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,428
    Liked 1,947 Times in 1,139 Posts
    lol ... all this talk about the temperature made me want to check what it is in Chicago right now ... and it's 76, but it feels like 77. Too chilly for me.

  13. #13
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,588
    Like
    199
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    33
    I'll stick with my baseball team. Pro football only interests me because of fantasy. Best wishes to Albers and the Twins.

  14. #14
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,670
    Like
    945
    Liked 1,310 Times in 706 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Actually, yes, they do give a 'feels like' factor in hot weather; it's called the heat index. In cold weather it's the wind chill. At least whenever I check wunderground, summer or winter, they always give a 'feels like' that is either warmer or colder than the 'actual.'

    Where have you been?
    I guess it doesn't get hot enough where I'm from to justify a "heat index", still if it's that hot, just say so.

    I've been relegated to watching replays on MLBTV for the past couple of weeks, with 3 kids in preseason hockey and ringette camps, plus baseball and softball playoffs and oh yeah, a job, my days are currently coming in at about 27.5 hours long right now.

  15. #15
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,842
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,428
    Liked 1,947 Times in 1,139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    I guess it doesn't get hot enough where I'm from to justify a "heat index", still if it's that hot, just say so.

    I've been relegated to watching replays on MLBTV for the past couple of weeks, with 3 kids in preseason hockey and ringette camps, plus baseball and softball playoffs and oh yeah, a job, my days are currently coming in at about 27.5 hours long right now.
    Yikes, 3 kids in preseason hockey says it all ...

  16. #16
    Senior Member Triple-A VATwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    228
    Like
    0
    Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
    1. Since Colabello can actually Colabber the ball when he actually hit's it, why not bat him cleanup and see what he can do?

    2. Re the Old Spice/Head and Shoulders commercial that continually runs on mlb.com between innings, the blonde or the brunette?

  17. #17
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,588
    Like
    199
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    33
    Good inning for Albers, equally good inning for Rogers. Hey, I didn't know Rogers was that good--they named the Jays' home park after him (Rogers Centre).

  18. #18
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,842
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,428
    Liked 1,947 Times in 1,139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VATwinsFan View Post
    1. Since Colabello can actually Colabber the ball when he actually hit's it, why not bat him cleanup and see what he can do?

    2. Re the Old Spice/Head and Shoulders commercial that continually runs on mlb.com between innings, the blonde or the brunette?
    There is more than one woman in that commercial? I never noticed.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Triple-A VATwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    228
    Like
    0
    Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts


    3. ďAll right all right donít rush me, Iím-a-thinkiní Ö and my head hurtsĒ

  20. #20
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,670
    Like
    945
    Liked 1,310 Times in 706 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Good inning for Albers, equally good inning for Rogers. Hey, I didn't know Rogers was that good--they named the Jays' home park after him (Rogers Centre).
    It's called Rogers Centre but everyone over the age of 35 still calls it the Skydome......and it still sucks.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.